Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Langley83 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2013, 07:48 AM
    Turn hot water back on
    Water has been off in rental property for 6 months. Its well water not city. How do I turn it & the hot water heater back on?
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

May 20, 2013, 08:15 PM
    Do you own the property or renting it? The property owner has the responsibility of providing water. The hot water heater is a separate issue. Please provide more info.
    Langley83 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2013, 04:20 AM
    I own it. Had water turned offwhen renter moved. Need to turn it & water heater back on. Don't knowhow to do it. Want to do it myself and not pay a plumber to do something simple. I know its nothing hard but I'm worried aboutmessing something up.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 21, 2013, 09:29 AM
    First things first, Let's get the pump back on line. I'm assuming this is a surface pump and not a submersible, Open up the top of the impeller cage and fill it to overflowing. If it holds water seal it back up. Now turn the power on at the breaker box. You should start to see the gage build up and you should have water,
    Now the water heater, Gas or electric? I need to know. But before you do anything open a hot water faucet to be sure the tank's filled. Get back to me with the information I need and we'll get your water heater back on line. Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WHen I turn on hot water, cold water faucet leaks. [ 1 Answers ]

In bathtub with three knobs. Just changed valves for hot and cold water. Now when I turn on cold water, cold water also leaks from hot water faucet.

I have what you call water hammer when I turn off the hot water tap. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a solar wter system installed I don't know if this has got any thing to do with it at night it is bad.

Cold water in hot lines. If I turn the hot water supply off, I still get cold water [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a rental house. I replaced the hot water heater and shut off valves. With the shutt-off in and out of the tack are closed, I still get cold water from the hot side of all faucets in the house. When valves are open, and temp. Set at very hot, I get semi-hot water.

Plumbers have turned hot water off, how do I turn it back on [ 3 Answers ]

I am having a new kitchen fitted and the plumbers have turned off the flow of HOT water, I have cold water still through out the house but we need HOT as well. In the cupboard where my tank is located there is 4 red taps/valves I have tried turning them both ways and so many different...

When I turn on the cold water I get hot water.really hot water [ 1 Answers ]

We constantly just get hot water when we turn on the cold water. If you just turn the could knob it starts warm and gets REALLY hot. The more you run the hotter it gets. Could someone have played with a knob at the hot water heater or on a pipe? This is REALLY bad in the shower/ tub!!

View more questions Search