Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Numan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 12:41 PM
    Plumbers have turned hot water off, how do I turn it back on
    I am having a new kitchen fitted and the plumbers have turned off the flow of HOT water, I have cold water still through out the house but we need HOT as well.

In the cupboard where my tank is located there is 4 red taps/valves I have tried turning them both ways and so many different combinations I have forgotten what they were to start with.

Can anyone helpe me before I phone and shout loudly at the plumber?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 25, 2010, 12:55 PM

What the plumber most likely turned water supply to the water heater. Locate it and turn it back on and open the others up. Good luck, tom
    Numan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 01:33 PM
    Where would I locate it, usually?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 25, 2010, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Numan View Post
    Where would I locate it, usually?
    This would be on the cold water pipe going into the heater. Can you give me a picture? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New hot water heater but I only get hot water when the heat is turned on [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an apartment that was recently gut renovated and I have a new hot water heater as well. The issue is that I have to turn on the heat in order to get hot water in the shower, kitchen and bathroom sinks, otherwise the water is cold. When the heat is on, the water is very hot, but...

Water shut off valve not allowing water to run after I turned back on [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the bathroom stem seats and after doing so turn the hot and cold shut off valves back on and there is no water coming out of the tap. What is wrong and how do I fix it?

Water is turned off to my house. What will the hot water heater do? [ 1 Answers ]

Water is turned off to my house do to a pump problem. Is it OK to leave the water heater on?

Hot water is brown after water was turned off and then turned back on [ 3 Answers ]

Had water turned off due to freezing temps. Later turned water back on, now my hot water is brown. Had no problems previously. Please help

No hot water/low water flow when shower is turned on [ 1 Answers ]

My home was built in 2005, I have a shower/tub combo that has only been used once since it was installed. I recently had issues with hearing sucking/draining noise coming from the drain in this bath when toilet was flushed, I discovered the water in the trap had evaporated.. Easy fix! But when I...

View more questions Search