Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebrilliante Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 10:29 PM
    Toilet wax ring
    Does the wax ring dissolve over a period? It wasn't there when I lifted the toilet off the floor... please tell me.where it went... thank u
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 24, 2012, 05:08 AM
    Wax rings don't just disappear, so the wax gasket must never have been used to begin with.

I've seen it a couple times where the discharge cone of the toilet bowl stuck into the drain line far enough AND the drain never clogged over time so there were never any issues until the customer decided to install a new toilet.

Install your toilet using a wax ring with horn and you should be all set!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet wax ring [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, I am rwady to install the toilet. My question is as follows... I went to Home depot and the guy gave me a wax ring with an ABS collar on it. He says that is what I need since my flange is ABS. Is it okay to use this style or should I be using just the rgular standard wax ring....

Toilet wax bowl ring drying out [ 13 Answers ]

I moved into a condo because I travel a lot and did not want to worry about things going wrong in my house while away. Two people have told me I need to worry about the wax bowl rings on my toilets drying out and causing flooding to the unit below me. How long can a toilet go without flushing...

Trouble replacing an OLD toilet wax ring [ 10 Answers ]

When I removed my toilet from the floor, I found that the johnny bolts are fixed to the old base and cannot be switched out. The problem is, that I had to hack-saw one of them off due to the rust build up. This toilet is the original one from 1958 with the original wax ring. It seems that the pipe...

Standard or oversize toilet wax ring [ 1 Answers ]

How do I determine whether I need a standard toilet wax ring versus the thicker wax ring? Is there a gap distance that would suggest one over the other. I installed tile and now have a 1/2 inch gap between the flange surface and the floor (tile) surface.

View more questions Search