Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindamae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 07:21 AM
    Which wax ring to purchase for toilet installation
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 6, 2010, 07:28 AM
    Any one will be just fine. If you're concerned about a leak an wax seal with a funnel ,see image), may be what you need but, as a rule, a regular wax seal, (see image) will be just fine. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 10:04 AM

Hi all

For DIY installation I always recommend the wax ring with the horn... seems to help in keeping the wax gasket from jumping off the wax ring while setting the toilet!

I also recommend the 5/16" toilet bolts (over smaller 1/4" bolts)... less wiggle when setting the bowl.

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet leaks after wax ring replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I recently replaced wax ring on toilet. Followed directions on box. It still leaks. Any tricks to assure a good seal first time?

Toilet wax ring [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, I am rwady to install the toilet. My question is as follows... I went to Home depot and the guy gave me a wax ring with an ABS collar on it. He says that is what I need since my flange is ABS. Is it okay to use this style or should I be using just the rgular standard wax ring....

Toilet wax bowl ring drying out [ 13 Answers ]

I moved into a condo because I travel a lot and did not want to worry about things going wrong in my house while away. Two people have told me I need to worry about the wax bowl rings on my toilets drying out and causing flooding to the unit below me. How long can a toilet go without flushing...

Trouble replacing an OLD toilet wax ring [ 10 Answers ]

When I removed my toilet from the floor, I found that the johnny bolts are fixed to the old base and cannot be switched out. The problem is, that I had to hack-saw one of them off due to the rust build up. This toilet is the original one from 1958 with the original wax ring. It seems that the pipe...

Standard or oversize toilet wax ring [ 1 Answers ]

How do I determine whether I need a standard toilet wax ring versus the thicker wax ring? Is there a gap distance that would suggest one over the other. I installed tile and now have a 1/2 inch gap between the flange surface and the floor (tile) surface.

View more questions Search