Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milehighron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Standard or oversize toilet wax ring
    How do I determine whether I need a standard toilet wax ring versus the thicker wax ring? Is there a gap distance that would suggest one over the other. I installed tile and now have a 1/2 inch gap between the flange surface and the floor (tile) surface.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 12:41 PM
    So the top surface of your flange is 1/2" below the top surface of the tile, right? And I am assuming this is not a moveable flange like a Twist-N-Set. You are in the market for an oversized wax ring or you can just add a PVC flange spacer. The falnge spacer is little more than a PVC washer that matches the holes in your old flange, I'd go with the spacer and a regular wax ring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bouncing flapper American Standard toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I have an American Standard one-piece low boy elongated toilet that was installed originally in 1956. About 6 months ago I replaced the flapper. It bounced a little so I glued a penney to it and until recently it has worked fine. Now it bounces ( rapidly ) and keeps the water running as it won't...

Old toilet w/prob original wax seal [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I removed an old toilet that has a wax seal but not the new type with the flange etc. I want to replace the wax seal & reset the original toilet (it has space for 4 bolts... what to do?

American Standard Plebe toilet tank [ 1 Answers ]

Getting old I guess, anyone know the tank to bowl bolt spread on a American Standard Plebe (the old ones), can't remember if 51/4 or 51/2 inches.

Replacing Toilet Flange Ring [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a PVC toilet flange without the ring that goes on the outside. I am trying to snap a new ring onto it but it just won't go on it is very frustrating. I push and push and use a rubber mallet and it just won't go on. Does anyone have any tips on getting this ring on? Thank you.

View more questions Search