Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Timkski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
    ?Tiling around shower drain.
    I'm planning on re-tiling our shower. I'll be using 4X4 tiles on the shower floor. My question is, what do you use to cut the tile around the drain, hole-saw? Thank you. Tim
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2012, 08:03 AM
    Hole saw or carefully used nippers. Use your tile saw to cut the largest end and then use nippers.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 21, 2012, 08:50 AM
    A special hole saw made for ceramic Vacuum Brazed Diamond Core Bit for glass, ceramic and porcelain 2"
    JazMan Posts: 219, Reputation: 14

Feb 22, 2012, 04:58 PM
    Tell us more about these 4x4 tiles. Are they porcelain tiles or basic ceramic 4 1/4 x 4 1/4" like those sometimes used on walls? Do you have names or other info?

Jaz
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 26, 2012, 03:08 PM
    All of the above or use a:

Roto-zip tool with tile cutting bit

Angle grinder with a diamond blade

Dremel tool with a diamond/carbide blade

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiling the Shower floor-New Shower [ 1 Answers ]

We need to create a new shower 6X6. How do I prepare the floor. What are the steps before the tile is laid? How do you get it so the water drains to the drain? Michael J.

Tiling around shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I want to tile a shower stall and don't really know how to go about tiling around the drain to make it look finished nicely. Any advice will be appreciated. I have not yet selected tiles, as I don't know whether one type will be easier than another.

Tiling a shower [ 1 Answers ]

How do you prepare the floor of a shower for ceramic tile

Shower tiling [ 2 Answers ]

If I'm retiling my shower, do I have to replace the pan, or can I just rough up the shower floor tile, and tile right over. I will definitely remove the wall tile, but the pan is fine and a lot of extra work.

Shower tiling [ 1 Answers ]

I'm retiling my shower. Can I tile over the shower floor without removing the tile. I intend to remove the wall tile and replace backerboard, but I don't want to chip up the floor tile and replace the pan. Thanks

View more questions Search