Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amvman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Shower tiling
    I'm retiling my shower. Can I tile over the shower floor without removing the tile. I intend to remove the wall tile and replace backerboard, but I don't want to chip up the floor tile and replace the pan.

Thanks
    025896 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amvman
    I'm retiling my shower. Can I tile over the shower floor without removing the tile. I intend to remove the wall tile and replace backerboard, but I don't want to chip up the floor tile and replace the pan.

thanks
    Yes, u have to remove the old tile from the floor if you are going to lay new tile on the floor. It is probably a good idea to check your sub floor to make shoer it is level. If its not level you have to fil it to of your tile will not lay wright. If you have any more questions go to your local Low's or Home Depo they can help you out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Waterproofing/Tiling Our New Shower Stall [ 32 Answers ]

Hi There, My husband and I are tiling our new custom built shower stall with Subway tile and we have been told 2 different things to do... can someone offer a tie breaker solution for us. Some people tell us that we must use the Orange Membrane (often seen on Holmes on Holmes) sold at Home...

Shower tiling [ 2 Answers ]

If I'm retiling my shower, do I have to replace the pan, or can I just rough up the shower floor tile, and tile right over. I will definitely remove the wall tile, but the pan is fine and a lot of extra work.

Tiling over an exsisting concrete shower floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hello and Happy New Year, Here is our problem. We remodeled a bathroom and tiled the shower walls and floor. The exsisting shower base was painted concrete. We sanded the concrete, then tiled,using a grout with latex. A couple weeks after, we noticed tile and grout coming up. When we...

Tiling with No Grout [ 1 Answers ]

I have chosen pitted travertine/marble tiles, 4x4, for a kitchen backsplash. The tiles are cut such that they fit together perfectly, and because the surface is slightly "pillowed", the effect of no grout with the tiles placed side to side is absolutely stunning. My installer had me lay out a 3x6...

Tiling [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my first bathroom. I am planing on tiling the shower/tub.. my question is the transition from tile to painted wall.. with the cement backer do I butt it up to drywall? What do I do about the seam? Mud and tape?

View more questions Search