Ask
    kiddo138 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Tiling a shower
    How do you prepare the floor of a shower for ceramic tile
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 03:53 PM
    You build a shower pan with a membrane. This should be a good read for you. How to Build a Shower Pan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiling Over Concrete Shower Basin [ 6 Answers ]

I am replacing the tile on a basement concrete shower basin that has been leaking into the main area of the bathroom. The basin appears to have been poured after the floor and there are gaps between the floor and the basin. In trying to seal the basin I've asked the pros at Home Depot and they...

Tiling around shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I want to tile a shower stall and don't really know how to go about tiling around the drain to make it look finished nicely. Any advice will be appreciated. I have not yet selected tiles, as I don't know whether one type will be easier than another.

Shower tiling [ 2 Answers ]

If I'm retiling my shower, do I have to replace the pan, or can I just rough up the shower floor tile, and tile right over. I will definitely remove the wall tile, but the pan is fine and a lot of extra work.

Shower tiling [ 1 Answers ]

I'm retiling my shower. Can I tile over the shower floor without removing the tile. I intend to remove the wall tile and replace backerboard, but I don't want to chip up the floor tile and replace the pan. Thanks

View more questions Search