Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2010, 03:35 PM

Yes, break ups are a very hard pill to swallow. They suck, but your persistence for answers is what keeps you stuck in this emotional limbo, because any answer you get to your questions will only lead to more, when its as simple as her feelings changed. Many times none of us has a clue as to why our feelings change, they just do.

Once you change your focus from her to you, and forget the entitlements, then you move forward, and slowly put this behind you, so your feelings can change also. Its called healing/recovery, whichever you understand best.

After all this time its painfully evident that you will never get the answers you want from her. What's worse is you think a rebound will help you, or hoping at least, but it will not in the long run, and cause more harm than good simply because replacing one person for another is delaying the inevitable of learning to cope with your own pain, and loss.

The only thing you are entitled to is taking care of yourself. So stop the texting, and stop the seeking of answers that change nothing, and look to rebuilding a life that makes you happy without her. Continuing any contact with her whatsoever only distracts you from the more important things in your life, and makes her way more important than she should be. You don't need her in your life to be happy, so what's the point?

Have you read the stickies at the beginning of the relationship page? Do so, and know we all get confronted with the same dilemma that you are facing. How to heal, and move on from a break up!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can A 17 Year Old Have A Relationship With A 24 Year Old In The State Of Georgia? [ 5 Answers ]

I Am A 17 Year-old girl Dating a 24 year old woman. Is It Illegal In The State Of Georgia Or Illinois For Us To Be Dating. She Lives In Georgia And I Live In Illinois Is That Illegal?

Marriage Relationship Is On the Rocks [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everybody I am married from past 5 years My husband is working abroad I am working and after delivery of my baby we had a fight for he is not interested supporting us finnacially for us .

10 year relationship, 2 year marriage. And now he questions what true love is [ 2 Answers ]

Background (it's a long one, too): We are in our mid 20's and have known each other for 10 years. We dated exclusively through high school but without any commitment to marriage. That "in love" blissful feeling lasted for quite some time, well into our college years. He has always been a...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

She is pregnant and relationship on rocks a long time [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend is pregnant I am sure it is mine. However she has admitted to going out with someone else quite recently and I am pretty sure her relationship with the other man did not get to the sex stage. I do not make much money. I am very educated, she makes good money. We have talked about...

View more questions Search