Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissam18 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 11:45 PM
    First time being Pregnant!
    This is the first time being pregnant! I actually found out last week that I was whenever I went to the hospital. I normally went there to see the doctor for chest pains.. but the results came bak positive for pregnancy! I was shocked.. but happy at the same time.. I ended up going to the clinic a couple days later to get another urinary test and it came bak "negative"? I was just wondering, how is it possible that the hospital says one thing and the clinic says another? I got the results bak from the clinic and they told me that they were just going to go with the hospitals results because there more accurate.. so now I'm thinking I'm pregnant.. but I also have a doubt in my mind.. until I get my period!
    Audra_Sonata Posts: 22, Reputation: 6

Feb 3, 2009, 11:58 PM

The big question is, did the hospital do a urine test or a blood test? That's the teller. If both did urine tests, go in and request the blood test. If it's very early in the pregnancy, a urine test may or may not catch the hormone levels accurately, but the blood test definitely will.

Feb 4, 2009, 06:12 PM
    Yeah my mother suggested that I do that.. but I think I might just wait and see if I get my period.. then ill take it from there.. but I've been having a lot of stress with my boyfriend and since I am early in the pregnancy I am scared that I could have a miscarriage? Is that possible from a lot of stress at home? Also me and my boyfriend just moved out here to North Carolina, we've been out here for about a month a couple days now.. around the 3rd week that we were out here I started working at a place called " Blimpies" inside of Walmart.. and there was this guy who came in evreyday on his lunch break.. and he would stop & talk to me.. He was a nice guy, he worked bak in the photos department.. and I seen him a couple times.. for about a week we were talking.. just as mutual friends nothing serious.. at that time I needed someone to talk to because me and my boyfriend were fighting and arguing a lot.. and it was really stressing me out. So one day we exchanged numbers.. and he ended up calling me a couple days later and ever since we've been talking and texting on my phone [ which is cut off now ] up until last Tuesday. That when I went to the hospital and found out I was pregnant. My b/f thinks the baby is this guys because he found out I was talking to him.. behind his bak but it was even how he thought it was. One day we got into a real big argument. And I couldn't be in the house anymore and I just needed to get away and get a peace of mind. So I called this guy up and he came to pick me up (at around 1:00pm) he took me out to eat we talked about a variety of different subjects.. after that we drove around, he was showing me around because I was new to the area and didn't know too much, so I thought that was nice of him.. then we went bak to his house and watched a movie and just hung out at his house and talked... I didn't get home until around 9:30-10:00.. and my boyfriend was infuriated.. saying that I cheated on him,. he wanted to kick me out, but then he cooled down and forgave me and understood.. but then there was another incident with this guy where I left again which was last tues. where I left at 7:00 am because I was sad and depressed and needed someone to talk to so I got ahold of him at his wrk because I deleted his number out of my phone and he came to pick me up.. we went bak to his job talked while he was at work on & off.. and I camer bak about 9:00 am.. so then I told him where I was at and he was even more upset.. I felt like I needed to do it to get his attention for him to recognize me... because I really felt like he was pushing me away & didn't want me around.. he wasn't showing me no affection didn't really talk to me so I felt by doing that he would understand?? Today we got into an argument because he sits there and asks me question after question.. which I can understand if I was him and I did that I would be a little suspicious also but I get so angry because I know my baby is his and his dad & him don't believe me so I got real angry and flipped out. Which he said he was done trying with me and he wanted me to leave bak to PA? I called my mom and told her I was packing my things and she said she would come out here and get me.. but I want to stay and try to work things out not just for our relationship but for our baby too.. but I don't want to be stressed out? What do you think is the best soulution? Do you think things willl work out and he find trust in me again if he truly loves me? :confused::confused:
    Bonnie46 Posts: 113, Reputation: 16

Feb 4, 2009, 06:29 PM
    Melissa, why do you want to bring a baby into this world, when you are so young, you don't have $30,000 to raise the kid with (that dollar amount will only get you through the first couple of years) you're texting and flirting with another guy, and your boyfriend works at a Walmart for ? What maybe $5 to $8 an hour. Why aren't you practicing safe(safer) sex with a condom, or staying on the pill?

I would get a blood test from the hospital, start praying, ditch all boys you're sleeping with / flirting with / text-messaging, and start working 3 or 4 jobs. You are going to need cash - a package of diapers is $20. One baby can go through several (up to 5 or 6) diapers in ONE day. Formula isn't cheap either.

Don't stay with the abusive, young, irresponsible, broke- boyfriend who knocked you up. You'd be better to move out of state and keep away from boys until you've grown up to become a more responsible individual and can handle mature life experiences, such as the birth of a baby.

No, your boyfriend doesn't love you. He's insecure, angry, flat-broke, alone, wants to engage in sexual intercourse (because he's a young male - and that's all that teenage boys think about at this age) and has no plan for his future or life. He's JUST as scared as you are - if not more. He's probably ting-his-pants scared. He'll drag you down with him.

**You have one thing going for you. YOUR MOM. Hang onto your Mom, it's the only thing you've got.
    Bonnie46 Posts: 113, Reputation: 16

Feb 4, 2009, 06:38 PM

Melissa. Please pack your things up and move back home to PA. Your Mom will hold your hand and take care of you. Your boyfriend and his loser father are purposely TELLING YOU that your boyfriend is NOT the father, because they can't AFFORD to raise another family member. They don't want the hassle. The "new" guy is being NICE and LISTENING, and driving you around, and "showing you the sites in the neighbourhood" because he wants to GET LAID. His goal is to dive into your pants. You've most likely already told him that you THINK you're pregnant and that you live her with a boyfriend... so, he KNOWS that you're NOT A VIRGIN. You already participate in sex. Right? Bingo.

Don't believe me? I'll ask each man here in my office. They will laugh, shrug and agree with me.

Please get away from the "boys" and males and guys - and just focus on school or work. You will need all the money you can get your hands on in order to bathe, clothe, feed, entertain, support and care for a helpless infant.
    I'm just sorry that your Mom didn't tell you to stay away from participating in sex, until a later age. Please use protection. Have you been tested for STD's or AIDS?
    START TAKING FOLIC ACID for your baby. Talk to a doctor immediately.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2009, 06:54 PM
    I'm not going to deal with all the other noise going on, just the OP'ed question. Haven't got it in me to deal with the rest.

As mentioned already, and still lacking I think in your (melissa's) answers, you didn't specify whether the tests were blood or urine, and this is important. Blood tests are more sensitive... so if the hospital ran a blood screen and found pregnancy, you are most likely pregnant. Positives, when done properly and in the context of the test design, are reliable.

Negative tests do NOT mean not pregnant... they ALWAYS mean the lack of adequate hormone concentration within/above the test threshold to show positive... meaning a negative can be because you aren't pregnant and will never test positive for your current state, or you are pregnant but your hormone levels are still too low for the test to be reliable.

Hpt/urine tests are best taken first thing in the morning, when hormone levels are most concentrated... and again, remember to strictly follow the testing procedure. Reading the test too soon or too late might give incorrect results.

So... it's a waiting game now. Again... if the hospital ran blood and found +, id say expect that you are.

Feb 4, 2009, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie46 View Post
    Melissa. Please pack your things up and move back home to PA. Your Mom will hold your hand and take care of you. Your boyfriend and his loser father are purposely TELLING YOU that your bf is NOT the father, because they can't AFFORD to raise another family member. They don't want the hassle. The "new" guy is being NICE and LISTENING, and driving you around, and "showing you the sites in the neighbourhood" because he wants to GET LAID. His goal is to dive into your pants. You've most likely already told him that you THINK you're pregnant and that you live her with a boyfriend....so, he KNOWS that you're NOT A VIRGIN. You already participate in sex. right? Bingo.

Don't believe me? I'll ask each man here in my office. They will laugh, shrug and agree with me.

Please get away from the "boys" and males and guys - and just focus on school or work. You will need all the money you can get your hands on in order to bathe, clothe, feed, entertain, support and care for a helpless infant.
    I'm just sorry that your Mom didn't tell you to stay away from participating in sex, until a later age. Please use protection. Have you been tested for STD's or AIDS?
    START TAKING FOLIC ACID for your baby. talk to a doctor immediately.

My boyfriend and his dad are the ones who think that my baby is the other guyss?
    Audra_Sonata Posts: 22, Reputation: 6

Feb 5, 2009, 03:58 PM

Melissa, to answer your question about stress, it can cause issues with the pregnancy, if indeed you are pregnant. Going on the assumption that you are, though, make sure you're getting adequate rest and nutrition, and taking a good multivitamin. Working should be fine, but you need to try to find a way to calm down the rest of your life if you can. I won't address whether you and your boyfriend sound like you are ready to be parents together, as it seems it's likely a moot point. Just make sure you're doing all you can to stay healthy physically and emotionally, for your own sake as well as for the child you're carrying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I get pregnant for the 2nd time? [ 1 Answers ]

My first child just turned three and for the last 4 months me and my boyfriend were trying for another one, but every time I think I'm pregnant my period starts:mad:.I don't get it, the first time we never planned for it but now that we're trying we cant,we have unprotected sex regularly.does it...

When is the best time to TRY to get pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

HI, My period is very IREGULAR, :o so I would like to know, in this cases ho do you know when a woman is ovulating, when is the best time to try to have baby's, and can you have your period and still be pregnant? I don't really comprehend the Ovulating CYCLE and how it works.

Might be pregnant for the first time but not sure. [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I have never been pregnant before but I think I might be now. I have the symptoms of pregnancy but yesterday I started bleeding. It is much lighter than my usual period and I only bleed after I pee. And even then it is only a few drops, I know this because there is almost nothing on my liner...

First time pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 5 1/2months pregnant, This is my first time ever being pregnant so I have no idea what's going on with my body right now, Last night I was lying in bed with my fiancé and I just had this craving for sex, I mean I know there is nothing wrong with sex but I just woke up in the middle of the...

Getting pregnant a second time [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I would like to have a second child but we don't know when to start our first is only about 6 months right now. We want them to be close but not crazy close. We where wondering if it's a good time to start and possibly what we could have?

View more questions Search