Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenk0831 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2015, 10:06 AM
    My toilet swirls but does not totally flush. Not clogged.
    The toilet flushes, swirls in bowl. Water does not totally flush. Plunged for two hours. Gallon of water poured in bowl makes water go down almost all the way very fast. Still does not completely flush. What to do?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2015, 01:41 PM
    How do you know it's "not clogged". Plunging rarely removes any heavy blockage, just soft solids and paper. I would start with making sure the small hole in the front of the bowl and at the bottom is flowing water (if so equipped), it may be plugged. Make sure the water level is set properly. Make sure the holes under the rim are open-with very hard water they can clog, use a coat hanger to probe. Use a closet auger and if that doesn't help, pull the toilet and snake the line.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 21, 2015, 01:45 PM
    Agree with above post. There may be something stuck inside the toilet bowl. You will have to remove toilet, flip it over and inspect it from both sides. Take hose, insert it inside the toilet and turn it ON full blast...

Milo
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 21, 2015, 02:30 PM
    Try these suggestions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl2ZHfwxzvM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrimREPrM_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNYH0DIoT7k

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flush: When I flush the toilet the water does not wash all around the bowl. [ 10 Answers ]

Toilet flush: When I flush the toilet the water does not wash all around the bowl. There is always a section at the front that doesn't get washed. I have tried pushing the end of a wire coat hanger around the rim, and I have used copious amounts of cleaner. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Toilet swirls but drains slowly [ 1 Answers ]

I have plunged and augered the toilet. I have cleaned the holes under the rim. There is not another hole near the drain. When I flush the toilet, it swirls well but the water rises slightly and then slowly drains with a slight swirling action.

Toilet flush is slow and weak but it is not clogged? [ 0 Answers ]

I have been having a problem with one of the toilets in my house. It does not flush normally, the water will come out of the tank and the water will spin but the water level does not go down like it is supposed to. It flushes very slowly but the pipe is not clogged because I have dumped water into...

Toilet swirls but lacks good suction [ 4 Answers ]

We have a toilet that worked perfectly for years, then suddenly lost its suction power. When you flush, the water comes in through the rim as it's supposed to and some water and waste go down. But it never swirls all the way down taking all the solid waste with it. It takes several flushes to...

Toilet is not clogged but doesn't flush [ 3 Answers ]

One of our toilets is not visablly clogged (I used the plumbers helper several times and nothing seems to be clogged) however, when I flush the toilet, all the water does not leave the bowl upon that flush. Instead, the bowl fills up about three quarters full but does not leave or release from the...

View more questions Search