Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RJDavis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2012, 01:17 PM
    Toilet swirls but drains slowly
    I have plunged and augered the toilet. I have cleaned the holes under the rim. There is not another hole near the drain. When I flush the toilet, it swirls well but the water rises slightly and then slowly drains with a slight swirling action.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 20, 2012, 03:01 PM
    You don't have a small jet hole in your bowl? Then you have a gravity toilet that flushes by the weight of the water entering the bowl from the tank. How high is the water level in the tank? It should be 1/2" below the top of the white overflow tube. You need more water to start the siphon action. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet drains very very slowly AND all common solutions failed:( [ 6 Answers ]

I have plunged I have used 1.5 gallons of drian cleaner I have used short rooter I have removed toilet and used 50 ft rooter - no risistance!! Tipped gallon of water down hole no probs Could it be that there is a problem with the actual toilet bowl> (All other toilets on same upper floor...

Toilet fills up to rim and drains away slowly [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. Can you help please? My toilet, when flushed, fills up to the rim but doesn't overflow. The water slowly drains away, but I'm a bit worried about it eventually overflowing. I've tried the coat hanger method - but it hasn't worked. Any ideas?

Toilet drains slowly but doesn't take the waste! [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet rises all the way to the top as if it's going to over flow, and then drains very slowly and doesn't take waste down! When I use the plunger is will go down, but I have to do it every time! I used the auger and nothing came up. And I don't have a jet toilet so there wasn't a whole to check...

Toilet water in bowl slowly drains [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my toilet water keeps slowly draining out. It flushes. I was wondering if the cap being off the clean out pipe on the exterior of the house (directly behind the toilet) could have anything to do with this? Thanks:o

Toilet drains slowly [ 1 Answers ]

One of our toilets began to flush slowly, and most of the water drains out, when it usually had filled the toilet about 1/5. I used a plunger, no luck. I purchased a closet auger, no luck. I have used suggestions from this site to clean out the syphon hole in the toilet, holes in the rims,...

View more questions Search