Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bennylax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2013, 11:37 AM
    York diamond 80 burners ignite shut down 3 times give 7 blink code
    unit ignites 3 times shuts off with 7 blinking led code. Fame sensor replaced less then 1 year ago. cleaned flame sensor unit with pencil eraser (doesn't damage like steel wool or sandpaper) runs fine for two three days then back to error. no blockages in intake air/ vent air. had service tech out 6 months ago and found no issue with combustion air, gas pressure.
    CO2 % 6.3.
    O2% 9.8
    CO PPM 21 burners and ignitor checked cleaned and all in great condition. Pressure switch?
    nothing shows what the voltage or ohm should be for the pressure switch located in upper left hand corner.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2013, 09:14 AM
    Most pressure switches close once the venter starts. This being the case, you should read 24v across the switch with the hose disconnected & zero with the hose connected & venter running.

Since the furnace fires then drops out, it would seem you have a flame sensing problem. Use very fine steel wool or I prefer a scotch brite pad to clean the flame rod. Also check all connections, especially grounds, to insure they are clean & tight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York diamond 80 diagnostic code flashes 4 times [ 0 Answers ]

What started all this is my wife wanted heat. We turned on the thermostat, and the blower would not come on. The diagnostic light was flashing four times. Inside the door for the diagnostic codes it said auxillary/limit switch open. Couldn't find that so I just replaced the control board. Now...

York Diamond 80 won't ignite and heat [ 0 Answers ]

I have a York Diamond 80 Model P2MPD16N09601G. The blower comes on but no flames. I checked the igniter assembly and it wasn't heating up, so I replaced it since this has worked in the past. It still doesn't heat up and glow. I also steel wooled the flame sensor, since I had to do that once...

York diamond 80 only two of the burners come on [ 0 Answers ]

I only have two of the burners that lite and then they go out?

Burners ignite then shut of unexpectedly. [ 1 Answers ]

Age of equipment: 5 Years Brand (Manufacturer): RUUD Silhouette II Efficiency: 80% Natural gas, Induced-Draft Blower Furnace only inside unit What does it do? Not do? First thought it was the thermostat and replaced it but am still having intermittent igniting of the burners. If I turn...

View more questions Search