Can I put insulation in a 2 by 2 stud framed wall
    One and a half inch stud size
    sharkkiller1 Posts: 55, Reputation: 10

Feb 22, 2012, 11:25 PM
    You can insulate anything you want
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2012, 11:41 PM
    Fiberglass insulation loses some of its insulating power when compressed but will work.

There are other types of insulation that can also be used. Styrofoam and rock wool are just 2.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3" dbl. Wall flue pipe in stud wall [ 0 Answers ]

I'm remoldeling a kitchen, and in a section there is a chase with clothes chute and 6" flue pipe. Chute will be removed, but, have to do something with flue pipe. Furnace was upgraded to energy eff. furnace, so it no longer uses 6" pipe. 3" water htr. Flue is still tied into it. Can I put a double...

How to add insulation to a exterior wall and then tile the wall [ 6 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom and the exterior walls are 2x4's and I would like to add some insulation before I close the wall back up. The wall will be tiled 1/2 way up. So I was going to adhere 1" R6.5 insulation to the studs and then fasten cement board through the insulation into the studs. Is...

Fasten stud wall to concrete basement wall [ 3 Answers ]

Planning to finishout a basement with stud walls on concrete floor. Planning to use Tapcon fasteners and treated 2x4 for bottom plate. Trying to protect for termites and moisture from the concrete. Thought about using a sill gasket. That would help the moisture but what about termites? I asked...

Donate a Tattered Wall Framed Quilt [ 3 Answers ]

I live in W.L.A./So. Cal. I would like to donate a somewhat tattered wall framed quilt to a church/organization/museum/recyclable location. Any suggestions? Thanks S.

What insulation do you put between the cement board and the masonary wall [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a new bathroom where the tub is on an exterior wall. The wall is masonary and I will be using cement board. However, what do I use between the cement board and the masonary wall. Also, is it o.k to use regular drywall in the other walls in the bathroom, or should I use a special...

View more questions Search