Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielelbinbin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 10:24 PM
    What insulation do you put between the cement board and the masonary wall
    I am building a new bathroom where the tub is on an exterior wall. The wall is masonary and I will be using cement board. However, what do I use between the cement board and the masonary wall.

Also, is it o.k to use regular drywall in the other walls in the bathroom, or should I use a special drywall?

Lastly, what insulation do I use for the other walls in the bathroom?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

Dec 21, 2007, 04:33 AM
    Is the masonry wall exterior or interior? If exterior you can use standard fiberglass insulation, or have foam sprayed in between the studs. It's okay to use regular sheetrock in other parts of the bathroom as long as there is no chance it will be subjected to direct moisture exposure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green board sheet rock VS cement board for show wall backing [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if the green sheet rock will do just as well as cement board for installing in a show that I'm planning on tiling?

Taping cement board joints [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know what kind of compound to use on cement board?I've checked the USG FAQ site and they recommend 'glass tape for the joints, I see no mention of compound, other than to say that joint compound is not acceptable because cb is generally used in damp areas and the joint compound won't...

Cement board [ 1 Answers ]

I plan on installing cement board behind a wood burning open stove on an outside deck. Do I need backing behing the cement board and can it be colored using high temp paint?

Wallpaper over cement board [ 1 Answers ]

Can I wallpaper over new cement board and if so, how do I prepare the board? Thanks.

Can I Paint over Cement Board? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are installing (or reinstalling, actually) a shower in the basement. I am tiling the walls and floor, but I don't want to tile the ceiling. Can we use some of the left-over cement backerboard for the ceiling and paint it? I'd rather use the cement board because of it's water...

View more questions Search