Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denman Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2011, 06:56 PM
    3" dbl. wall flue pipe in stud wall
    I'm remoldeling a kitchen, and in a section there is a chase with clothes chute and 6" flue pipe. Chute will be removed, but, have to do something with flue pipe. Furnace was upgraded to energy eff. furnace, so it no longer uses 6" pipe. 3" water htr. Flue is still tied into it. Can I put a double wall vent pipe/b vent inside the common wall between kit. And family room? If not how close can I put the pipe in the chase to surrounding walls as to make chase as small as possible. Thank you in advance for any help in this matter. Denman

Check out some similar questions!

Stud wall without ceiling head [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I am planning a partition wall in a warehouse space. It will be 2.4 m hight, and span 10.5 metres wall to all. The ceiling is easily 4 metres high. I have read a lot about ceiling heads... but I won't be able to secure in this way. I also need a door. Will this construction end up end up...

How do I locate the stud in a dry wall? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to secure a cabinet to a wall (ie it's fairly tall so has an optional support to prevent it from falling over). I understand in most modern houses walls are drywalls (ours was built in 1996 and is Canadian). Should I find a wall stud to attach the fixing to or can I screw straight...

Building a stud wall [ 4 Answers ]

I recently destroyed one of the walls of my bedroom by taking out all of the lath and plaster, so now it is essentially down to only exposed brick. I want to install a stud wall with insulation and drywall, but the adjacent walls and ceiling are also made of plaster. How should I attach the stud...

Fasten stud wall to concrete basement wall [ 3 Answers ]

Planning to finishout a basement with stud walls on concrete floor. Planning to use Tapcon fasteners and treated 2x4 for bottom plate. Trying to protect for termites and moisture from the concrete. Thought about using a sill gasket. That would help the moisture but what about termites? I asked...

Stud wall brace required or not [ 2 Answers ]

We are having a home built and we have 9 to 10 foot ceilings throughout. During framing there were metal strips nailed instead of using the old 2x4 braces. These were done on some of the inside walls but not all of them. It seems that any wall that runs from left to right looking in from the door...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.