Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tears123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 12:01 PM
    Should I stay in a hurting relationship?
    I am in a relationship from last year. 1st it was a comfortable relationship,usually he cared, and he was sincere with me. He told me many times that he want to marry me, but now my relation totally turn into a hell, he takes interest into other girls as all time try to flirt with other girls,when I noticed, I checked stupid chatting and as I discuss with him, he become abusive and beat me. Now he is totally changed.he says that there are no emotions,no love.and he is not happy with me.. I tried many times for break up but I couldn't.. I don't knew what to do.. so should I stay this relation?
    cllockhart Posts: 94, Reputation: 4

Feb 5, 2011, 12:09 PM
    Never let a guy beat you! That is a big no no in all relationships. You should have been out the door the moment he raised a hand to you. YES YOU SHOULD BREAK UP WITH HIM. I know you think it is hard but really is it harder to break up with an abusive boyfriend or to stay in the situation where you never know when he is going to get ticked off and hit you again. Abusive men have a way of sweet talking their way back into a woman's heart by saying it will never happen again and it almost always does end up happening again.

Also if he has no emotions for you and no love and is not happy why are you wasting your time with him anyway?
    liongal Posts: 82, Reputation: 58

Feb 5, 2011, 12:18 PM
    How old are you?

For the simple fact that you came to seek advice about your b/f, you already know what the answer is...

Is it right that any one beats you, let alone someone that claims to love you?

Is it normal that he informs you that there is no love or anything with you?

I will say this once... Kick his sorry *** to the curb side and thank God you got away! Dust yourself down and remember there is a man out there that will treat you like a Queen, but first you have to know you are a queen worthy of a good man!!

Good Luck.
    acciosnivellus Posts: 52, Reputation: 51

Feb 5, 2011, 12:29 PM
    Noooo you do not stay in this "relationship". Break up with him, gain yourself worth back, and enjoy your life with a whole lot less stress. You're worth more than this and you know it! You've already stepped back and observed what's happening in this relationship from a bird's eye view, now the next step is realizing your own worth and what you deserve. Leave this loser! Good luck to you.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2011, 01:59 PM

What would you tell your best friend or sister if she came to you and told you that her boyfriend doesn't love her, has no feelings for her, has hit her, is not happy with her, and flirts with other girls? Wouldn't you tell her to end it and never look back?

You need to end it today... don't wait. He is not a man, he is not worth your heartache. Get help from family and friends.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 09:28 PM

No you should not stay and for the life of me I can't figure out why you would want to.
    tears123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 09:48 AM
    I want to say thanks all of you.. but I know this relation is so hurting but I don't know how ll I break up whenever I tried for break up it seems very difficult..
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2011, 12:49 PM

Is it difficult because he threatens you when you attempt to break up or is it difficult because you don't know how to be on your own? You didn't answer how old you are. Do you live with him?

I would suggest that you develop a plan. Once you know how you are going to do it, it will become easier. If you live with him, do you have a place to go? Can you go to your parents' home or a friend's home?

If you are afraid that he will harm you, leave first, and then tell him by phone or e-mail. If you feel you have to talk in person, do it in a public place. If you are afraid, don't tell him when you are alone together, thereby giving him the chance to beat you again.

To give you strength, plan what you will do in your life once you have ended this relationship. Do you work or go to school? Are you pursuing your interests? Have you maintained your relationships with family and friends? I can tell you that you will get a lot of strength once you have made this move, especially if you have relationships still with family and friends, and if you keep posting on this site. We will support you emotionally and we do care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken Heart - How do I stay strong even though I'm hurting & b strong to stop call him? [ 37 Answers ]

My Boyfriend and I were together for over 3++years. Every time we get into an argument or fight he wants to break up. I am so confused and broken. He doesn't seem to care about me. He would turn his phone off for days and I always call him back and he told me so many times that he doesn't want the...

Should I stay in a abusive relationship with a cheater? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi.. I was in a relationship for 5 yrs.. my boyfriend was very good when I met him but unfortunately things change. He was a weed addict who consumes weed daily at least two joints. Initially I used to fight with him to quit, but he started to beat me up really bad, so I stopped asking him to...

Should I stay in my current relationship if I always wonder if it's right? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... I need a completely 3rd party input on this situation because I'm constantly restless and driving myself crazy. Story is: I fell in love with my current boyfriend 3 and a half years ago (at least I thought I did). He was technically only my second serious relationship and we spent all our...

I'm forced to stay in relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I am not married, but I was in a very serious relationship for almost a decade. It started when I was about 17 and though we aren't married, we practically were and had decided that we would formally get married one day. We used to fight a lot but ultimately we both loved one another and I felt...

Should I stay in this relationship [ 2 Answers ]

I have been living with my boyfriend for 8 months, dating over a year. He says he knows he wants to marry me but he is afraid. I don't want to be to sit around forever and wait until his fear subsides, I have it myself! I feel like he has all the control because he knows I want to be married. His...

View more questions Search