Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sol1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 03:41 PM
    Divorce on spouse visa
    Hi if I have a 5 years spouse visa and am half way through this period if I want to divorce can I still stay in the uk I work full time and have made a settled life here
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 12:21 PM

If you pass ILR, you're OK.
    sol1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 11:09 AM
    Sorry maybe I should add some details I'm turkish my wife is romanian we have been together nearly 5 years however at this time I was not on any visa I was sign in at police station we married 2008 and now my 5 years visa is valid until 2014 however my marriage is a nightmear my wife can not have children but I never knew this before I married her I always wanted family I feel cheated by this I feel like I can not breath my wife wants me next to her all the time does this change anything now you have more details I would like to leave my wife but like I said I want to stay here in the uk I work pay taxes have lots of family and friends here what should I do next

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce on spouse visa [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I got married in June 2009. Am from Pakistan, here on spouse visa for 2 years resident & she's a citizen of UK & here since 1970. She's having an affair with her old boyfriend & I want to divorce her. If the divorce takes place then what happens to my visa ? Do I have to go back ?...

Spouse visa after divorce [ 4 Answers ]

I am from EU and my husbund from Ukraine,we been married since 2005.06.18.My husbund first viza was for 6 months,after for 5 years.But I want divorce him,what happened after diforce,he still can stay in the UK.

UK spouse visa and divorce [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I Have a HSMP dependent Visa valid till 30th, September 2009.I came to pakistan with my husband to attend a engagement ceremony.My husband stole all my documents along with my passport and went back to UK and left me in Pakistan.NOw he is threating me of divorce.SO what will happen if I...

View more questions Search