Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shahidkhan1966 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 04:10 PM
    Divorce on spouse visa
    Hello,
    I got married in June 2009. Am from Pakistan, here on spouse visa for 2 years resident & she's a citizen of UK & here since 1970.
    She's having an affair with her old boyfriend & I want to divorce her.
    If the divorce takes place then what happens to my visa ?
    Do I have to go back ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Shahid
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Apr 22, 2010, 08:55 AM

Please confirm that you are a permanent resident or conditional resident. If you are, then the divorce should not affect your immigration status, other than the time for you to qualify for natz.

Good luck.
    Shahidkhan1966 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 04:25 PM
    Am a conditional resident for 2 years of which I have only completed 7 months & still about 16 months left before I apply for my indefinate stay.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Apr 22, 2010, 05:47 PM

As long as you married in good faith, and have evidence of cohabitation and co-mingling of funds, you can divorce and file the I-751 removal of conditions immediately afterwards. The basis for the CR removal will be "good faith marriage ended in divorce.

Consult with a immigration attorney, should not be a difficult case to document. Sorry to hear you have marital problems, hope this helps. Good luck.
    hitman1965 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 08:58 AM
    I am on spouse visa from my wife who has indefinite leave to remain since 1998, and we have been married for a year now, only few weeks ago she caught me cheating and wants to file for divorce, what happens to my stay when she files in for divorce?
    hitman1965 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 09:00 AM

I am on spouse visa from my wife who has indefinite leave to remain since 1998, and we have been married for a year now, only few weeks ago she caught me cheating and wants to file for divorce, what happens to my stay when she files in for divorce?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a divorce to a person who came to the you.K based on a spouse visa [ 2 Answers ]

I got married to an egyptian man in egypt and the marriage is valid here, he came over to U.K based upon a spouse visa, we split up in April this year and I don't know the first thing about going through a divorce, I don't know if its different to a normal divorce because its through immigration or...

Spouse visa after divorce [ 4 Answers ]

I am from EU and my husbund from Ukraine,we been married since 2005.06.18.My husbund first viza was for 6 months,after for 5 years.But I want divorce him,what happened after diforce,he still can stay in the UK.

UK spouse visa and divorce [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I Have a HSMP dependent Visa valid till 30th, September 2009.I came to pakistan with my husband to attend a engagement ceremony.My husband stole all my documents along with my passport and went back to UK and left me in Pakistan.NOw he is threating me of divorce.SO what will happen if I...

View more questions Search