Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deltatony Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 03:11 PM
    How replace delta show cartridge
    What is the procedure and techniques for replacing a Delta 1700 series shower cartridge , single handle?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 05:09 PM

1. Close water at the main water valve, release pressure at lowest fixture
    2. Remove handle and any other trim that covers the cartridge
    3. Unscrew the nut that holds cartridge in
    4. Remove cartridge
    5. Install new cartridge
    6. Reinstall trim, handle
    7. Turn water back ON

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delta shower cartridge [ 6 Answers ]

I have given up trying to identify this valve-cartridge. I believe it comes out of a 8-9 year old shower and I think it is a Delta, but I don't find such an animal in their parts. I have inserted a web address below where a drawing of the pressure balance valve and of what I'm calling the...

Delta shower cartridge [ 4 Answers ]

I have given up trying to identify this valve-cartridge. I believe it comes out of a 8-9 year old shower and I think it is a Delta, but I don't find such an animal in their parts. I have inserted a drawing of the pressure balance valve and of what I'm calling the valve/cartridge. Can anybody...

Delta shower cartridge [ 2 Answers ]

My home has a Delta faucet whereas the cold is actually hot and hot is cold. Just visited a friend and they have the same situation with the same faucet. Assuming something is installed incorrectly? Thank you, Tom

Delta bath cartridge removal [ 3 Answers ]

I have a single handle Delta bath faucet valve whose cartridge needs to be replaced because it is dripping. It is about 4 years old or so. I can find no part number anywhere on it. I got all the parts removed, down to removing the brass collar that holds the cartridge in place. NO GO! I put a...

Replacing Delta shower cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

I have a shower with a Delta single knob that you turn to the left to make the water go from cold to hot. Only one knob. This is a stand up shower, no tub. I don't know the Delta model #. It was dripping constantly so I called a plumber and he came and changed out the cartridge. Now, I don't...

View more questions Search