Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TBERT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 11:03 AM
    Delta shower cartridge
    My home has a Delta faucet whereas the cold is actually hot and hot is cold. Just visited a friend and they have the same situation with the same faucet. Assuming something is installed incorrectly?

Thank you,

Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 12:16 PM

First tell me: is it Tub/Shower faucet of sink faucet ?

But in the interim...

If it is tub/shower faucet than you should be able to turn cartridge 180 degrees around and now, hot and cold should be on correct side

If it is sink faucet, than swap hot and cold water supplies under the sink, inside the cabinet

In both situations, it is an easy fix and you can do it yourself...

Good Luck... Milo
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 09:37 AM

I agree with Milo, last week I came back from a trip and a friend of mine called and asked me the same question that he changed his Tub/Shower Delta faucet cartridge P/N RP19804 now he gets hot water when the handle is in the cold position and cold water when the handle is moved up to the hot position, as Milo says, I instructed him to remove the cartridge turn it 180 degrees, he called me back 30 minutes later and thanked me the problem was solved, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delta shower cartridge removal [ 1 Answers ]

What is the secret to removing the entire cartridge? I have the replacement # RP32104. It may be just scale and mineral build up. Approx 5 yrs old

Leaky Delta Shower.new cartridge does not fix it. [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Delta Monitor 1400 series shower and I can't get it to stop leaking. I have replaced the cartridge (after flushing the system out), but shower head still drips constantly (@3-4 drips per second)... anyone have any ideas on what to do next? Thanks Kevin

How do you install a delta shower cartridge [ 2 Answers ]

How do you install a delta shower cartridge

Delta Shower Cartridge replacement [ 3 Answers ]

How to replace Delta Shower Cartridge

Replacing Delta shower cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

I have a shower with a Delta single knob that you turn to the left to make the water go from cold to hot. Only one knob. This is a stand up shower, no tub. I don't know the Delta model #. It was dripping constantly so I called a plumber and he came and changed out the cartridge. Now, I don't...

View more questions Search