Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdaniels381 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 06:02 PM
    Paternal rights
    I want to know if I give up my paternal rights as a father will I be terminated from all responsibilities including child support
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 7, 2009, 06:08 PM
    Please pay more attention to sticky notes posted on the top of each forum. Generally they contain answers to frequently asked questions like yours. Had you not ignored them you might have read this:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-116098.html

Which answers your question

By the way its PARENTAL rights and no you can't just give them up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2009, 06:41 PM

If the other parent has a step parent that wants to adopt, you may sign over your rights and no future child support is due, ( often back support would still be owed)

But you can't just give up your rights, for other reasons, and if for some reason they could would let you, no it does no stop child support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternal rights [ 2 Answers ]

My illegal girlfriend is pregnant with my child (that will not be determined until after the child is born an a DNA test given). If DNA testing proves this child is mine can I gain full custody so she can never leave the country with my child ? Thanking you in advance

Paternal Rights [ 2 Answers ]

How would I go about signing away my paternal rights?

Non-paternal rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a daughter who's father may not be her paternal father. We are undergoing paternity testing to determine paternity because her "alleged" father has become abusive and violent. He threatens me that if he isn't the father that he will still continue to be around and have rights is this true?

Paternal Rights [ 4 Answers ]

I fathered a child with someone. (Yes, I know it was foolish.) My problem is that the mother has turned this in to a power struggle. We have agreed that in this situation an adoption is the best thing for the child. The mother does not want me involved in any way. She wants me to sign over my...

Paternal Rights [ 2 Answers ]

My husband got a girl pregnant 8 years ago and has never been allowed to spend time with her. The mother of this child is hateful and frankly evil. She will quit her job right before we go to court so that our support gets raised. We cannot afford this anymore. My husband is willing to relinquish...

View more questions Search