Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vm061608 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Paternal rights
    My illegal girlfriend is pregnant with my child (that will not be determined until after the child is born an a DNA test given). If DNA testing proves this child is mine can I gain full custody so she can never leave the country with my child ? Thanking you in advance
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 01:06 PM
    You can not gain custody just because she is illegal, you will have to prove she is an unfit mother just like anyone else can. Plus even a citizen could always leave the country if they wanted to.

Also the child is born within the US, will be a citizen which will help the mother get legal staus a little easier.

But she can get custody, and force you to pay child support if she does not leave the country also.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Your other question was almost exactly the same it has been deleted. To answer the one issue in it, you can report her, guess her being illegal when you sleep with her was OK, But most likely she will still have custody of the child, just being illegal does not take away her rights or make her a unfit mother. And she can still use the US courts to make you pay child support, ( bet that money goes a lot further in her country)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternal Rights [ 2 Answers ]

My brother and his (now separated) wife were married in Burlington, Ontario and they both moved to Vancouver B.C. where she got pregnant. She decided to leave him 6 months pregnant and fly to Holland where her parents reside to have the baby, my niece was born in Holland and the mother decided to...

Paternal rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old daughter. The father has never been a part of her life. He has never made an effort to see her, and his where about's were found to be unknown in the state of California and Washington. What are his paternal rights? She does have someone she considers her father,whom is my...

Paternal Rights. [ 3 Answers ]

My exgirlfriend is pregnant with my child, due in July. She is an extremely poor mother to 3 animals, will not find a job other than working at night in a bar, has no money, very lazy and in my opinion will not make a suitable mother. My concern is for my child and I am scared what will happen...

Non-paternal rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a daughter who's father may not be her paternal father. We are undergoing paternity testing to determine paternity because her "alleged" father has become abusive and violent. He threatens me that if he isn't the father that he will still continue to be around and have rights is this true?

Paternal Rights [ 2 Answers ]

My husband got a girl pregnant 8 years ago and has never been allowed to spend time with her. The mother of this child is hateful and frankly evil. She will quit her job right before we go to court so that our support gets raised. We cannot afford this anymore. My husband is willing to relinquish...

View more questions Search