Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

May 14, 2009, 02:07 AM

Just because she called you doesn't mean that she wants to get back with you.She probably just misses you
    .As you said you two could not even talk without getting mad at each other which indicated that there were problems in the relationship.Those problems would come back if you two were to get back together.
    pioneer15 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 02:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare81 View Post
    Just because she called you doesn't mean that she wants to get back with U.She probably just misses you
    .As you said you two could not even talk without getting mad at each other which indicated that there were problems in the relationship.Those problems would come back if you two were to get back together.
    Yeah I see your point but that was because we were emotional and too close to the situation. Now that time has past we can both think objective I think. It was a very friendly talk whre we both were laughing.

May 14, 2009, 02:42 AM

1 month is really not enough for anything to change

May 14, 2009, 02:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare81 View Post
    1 month is really not enough for anything to change
    Do you have any experience with this? If so how much time do think it will take?
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

May 14, 2009, 04:27 AM

I will give my share depending on the reason why you broke up. Peace...
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 05:29 AM

She could have just wanted to have a friendly chat, and knew you would be available since it's comfortable. And all it did for you was make you more confused and filled with false hope, this is why we preach NC. Not because we are a bunch of bitter old guys(and girls) but because it actually works.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 05:29 AM

She may be just talking to you when she is feeling the pain of missing you but that can simply mean she is weaning away from you at her own pace, or she could be thinking of you as simply a friend only.
    You can either tell her it is too painful for you to hear from her because your feelings are still too deep and run the risk of not hearing from her.
    Or you can accept friends only and see where it goes and not have any hopes of it going anywhere.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 05:53 AM

Best way to get her back: Stand outside her window with an 80's outfit on and a boombox playing "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel (sp?). That will do the trick for sure!

DO NOT CHASE A FEMALE!! Carry on... :cool:

I am a firm believer in this: The less you do, the more you do. (Only when it comes to things of this nature). It is almost as if you broke up naturally, thus trying to force anything will only add to the pain, or delay the pain for a time being, until it happens again. Letting things take their course, and seeing where life leads you, usually works out for the best.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 14, 2009, 06:10 AM

I think she is starting to miss me and possibly in time wants to get back together
    You got all that from a friendly conversation about eye surgery?? Wow, what if she was just lonely, or homesick?

Or just sees you as a friend to talk to, and nothing more?

I think your getting way ahead of yourself, and not ready to have a normal conversation, with someone you still have deep feelings for.

May 14, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pioneer15 View Post
    Do you have any experience with this? If so how much time do think it will take?
    Rather then wasting your time waiting around for her, try to keep yourself busy doing things that you enjoy. If you two are meant to be together it will happen by itself.

May 19, 2009, 10:50 PM
    How long to stay with NC if you still want your EX back?
    Threads merged yet again.

For those of you that preach NC how long or when do you start contact if you want your EX back?
    blondndisguise5 Posts: 78, Reputation: 7

May 20, 2009, 01:07 AM

The point of nc is to get over the ex and move on. However, being in a similar boat try this tought: use nc to get over the relationship and move on and create a stronger relationship with yourself and your friends, if you and your ex are meant to be then it will happen but if your not then you need to take NOW to move on. If they want you then nc will have them poking around but if they don't care then they will move on too. Use nc to move on just stay open to what life has in store for u.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2009, 05:48 AM

FOREVER!! If your ex wants to talk, they will do whatever they can to find you. Blond is right... this isn't a trick to lure your ex back into your life, so put zero stock in the e-books. Do this to clear your emotions and to be able to make rational decisions based on facts, not feelings. By the time you truly get over the break up, you probably won't even want her back.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Yeah, NC is for YOU to heal! Not for you to try to get him/her back.

NC is suppost to give you space and time to heal and move on. To deal with life without that person. Also like blond said; to build a stronger bond and relationship with yourself and your friends.

So if you want your x back... then like KC said; forever!!
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2009, 06:38 AM

Nc is used to help you heal, not a weapon in a battle to win back your ex.

If you are using NC to get an ex back, you will fail at NC. You cannot use anything to get an ex back, if they want to come back they will figure that out on their own. Use the time away from your ex wisely, not pining over her like a love sick puppy dog waiting for a bone. Get out there and experience life
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2009, 06:44 AM
    For those of you that preach NC how long
    Forever, or until you have really gotten over the break up, and have a life that you enjoy, without her.
    or when do you start contact if you want your EX back?
    Never, or until you have gotten over her, and have built a life that you enjoy, without her.

May 29, 2009, 12:44 AM
    Ex girlfriend wants my dog, what should I do?
    My ex called me today and said she is miserable without my dog and I. I then ask what does this mean for us because she did not say that she just misses my dog. She reply and proceed to beg me for my dog who is now living with my parents. She said she still needs time to think about us. What should I do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 29, 2009, 03:47 AM

Suggest she get her own dog.

Tick
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2009, 05:15 AM

Keep your dog as a hostage and send funny letters to her with pictures and letters cut out of magazines.

Serious, STOP ANSWERING THE PHONE!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 29, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19 View Post
    Keep your dog as a hostage and send funny letters to her with pictures and letters cut out of magazines.

Serious, STOP ANSWERING THE PHONE!
    I like your approach, Rome. How about a pic of the pup (loosely) tied to a chair with a blindfold on and a ransom note.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant thoughts - my thoughts are never ending [ 18 Answers ]

Hello there - I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch. parents.. ) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of...

What is the reason? [ 46 Answers ]

Why a man likes a nurse who had kids when she was 16, divored twice in her life with an average looking (34 yrs old) Instead of A Top MBA graduate, pure(a virgin), beautiful, humble,intelligent who is making 6 figures @ the age of 28? (28 yr old) Why? The man is a pilot at his age of 30....

What is the reason [ 4 Answers ]

Asalam-o-Alaeeukm. Mera sawal yeah hai k jab main fajar ke namaz par kar sota hoo to mujhay bohat ghalt qisam k khuwab atay hain razana. Is say mere energy zaya hotee hai. Please mujhay koi hal batayee

The reason why we do N.C! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys just wanted to tell you something that happened to me last week well as you all know I'm with my girlfriend now happy and doing our own thing, when I get an email from my X. saying hi how are you. We split up like 8 months ago I of course didn't respond but it made me laugh.

Do you need a reason to like someone? [ 4 Answers ]

The other day my friend was asking me what qualities/characteristics I find endearing about someone that I'm currently dating. I couldn't come up with an answer, does that mean that I don't really like him?

View more questions Search