Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dorenahardy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 03:01 PM
    Should I wait or move on
    There's a young man in my church that I'm very interested in, we've discussed this and he's stated that he's interesterd in me as well. We don't talk on the phone because he's really trying to get something's in order concerning his life before he gets into a relationship, but he stated that he just got out of a relationship and doesn't want to be in another on for a long long time. Do I move on or do I wait.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 03:05 PM

Its up to you really. I say do both at the same time. Wait but at the same time don't close yourself from other people. If you find someone else you're interested and their interested in you too, I say take that chance but if you haven't yet and he comes around than see how it goes with him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 29, 2009, 03:42 PM

You move on.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 05:48 PM

Move on. If that person is highly interested in you, there's no alibis like that. It's not good to be used in rebound anyway.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 06:19 PM

He already told you want he doesn't want so you have to respect his honesty.

However, I wouldn't sit around and wait on someone for a "long" time. Emphasis on long.

Move forward instead of sitting around waiting. Who knows what could happen in the future the two of you might link up again. If your single and is open to a relationship then go for it but not now.
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Apr 29, 2009, 06:27 PM

There's a story from a book I just read to illustrate this.

A boy came to a kind to ask him how to be happy in life. He asked for the secret to happiness. The king gave him a spoon with oil in it and told him to go explore his castle without spilling any of the oil. The boy went for two hours to explore but never took his eyes off the spoon with the oil.

When he got back the king asked him if he had enjoyed looking at his dining hall with the lavish art or the expensive and beautiful statues or his endless vinyard and beautiful warterfalls in the back yard. He said no, that he was to focused on the spoon.

The kind sent him back for another two hours to look around. This time he explored all the wonders of this amazing castle. When he got back, he realized all the oil was gone..

In short, look at all the wonders life has to offer, but don't forget those little drops of oil in the spoon that you've already got to know... unless the oil was rotten or had gone bad and caused you only sickness. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I wait or should I move on [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my husband was married for 5 yrs and he is 6 yrs younger than me. We never had a problem before until last yr when he cheated on me. Of course I don't trust him anymore but I accept him back since I said that nobodys perfect we all make mistakes. But all I ask from him is that he needs to...

Should I wait for my ex or move on [ 2 Answers ]

Brief background, I dated this guy for a little over a year we'll call him Tony and broke up with him. Don't even know why I broke up with him, I think it was more hormonal than anything. Well, I ended up dating this other guy we'll call him Sam shortly after him and get engaged to this other guy...

Should I wait for him or just move on? [ 4 Answers ]

I met this dude in school back in January and he liked me and at first I didn't like him but then all of a sudden I don't know what happened but I fell for him. He asked for my # a few times and then finally I gave it to him. We neva talked on the phone but we texted each other a lot and he told me...

Should I move on or should I wait? [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been going on for around 4 months. A couple days ago she told me that she wanted to take a break "for a while". We've always been good to each other and we always have fun together, it's not like we don't enjoy each others company. But recently things have changed a lot....

Wait or move on [ 6 Answers ]

Dear experts, This guy and I have been seeing each other for 6 months and as with any relationship, we had a few bits of drama, but never to the point of separation. However, on Friday night, I called him and he was crying because his ex girlfriend had belittled him severely in front of a...

View more questions Search