Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quarterbythemile Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Should I move on or should I wait?
    Me and my girlfriend have been going on for around 4 months. A couple days ago she told me that she wanted to take a break "for a while". We've always been good to each other and we always have fun together, it's not like we don't enjoy each others company. But recently things have changed a lot. Not between me and her but things that we cannot really help. She had to get a new job which she'll start working in next week, which is a lot of hours and days. We usually would be with each other around 3 to 4 days a week. She told me that she wanted to see how things worked out once she started her new job and she had some things to think about. But she also told me that she still wants to hang out and hopes that we can still smile and laugh together. She also tells me that she still loves me, and she still calls me on a regular basis and when we're around each other at school it's as if much hasn't changed. The only difference now is that she won't kiss me or tell me she loves me which I completely understand. But my question is, is this a clue for me to move on and start looking for someone else. Or should I wait a few months and see where things lead us? Me hanging around is a lost cause, or is it just one of those things where the best things are worth waiting for? I appreciate all the help you can give me.
    LBP Posts: 206, Reputation: 42

Feb 23, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Look at it simply - if she really wanted you, she would "blank."

You fill in the blank. I think yourchoice should be clear.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 23, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Move on and enjoy your life, dude as she has made it clear you are no longer a couple, but she wants you as a friend. It makes no sense to wait for something that may never happen. It is far healthier to accept that you are single again and enjoy others.
    quarterbythemile Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by quarterbythemile
    Me and my girlfriend have been going on for around 4 months. A couple days ago she told me that she wanted to take a break "for a while". We've always been good to each other and we always have fun together, it's not like we don't enjoy each others company. But recently things have changed a lot. Not between me and her but things that we cannot really help. She had to get a new job which she'll start working in next week, which is a lot of hours and days. We usually would be with each other around 3 to 4 days a week. She told me that she wanted to see how things worked out once she started her new job and she had some things to think about. But she also told me that she still wants to hang out and hopes that we can still smile and laugh together. She also tells me that she still loves me, and she still calls me on a regular basis and when we're around each other at school it's as if much hasn't changed. The only difference now is that she won't kiss me or tell me she loves me which i completely understand. But my question is, is this a clue for me to move on and start looking for someone else. Or should I wait a few months and see where things lead us? Me hanging around is a lost cause, or is it just one of those things where the best things are worth waiting for? I appreciate all the help you can give me.
    I know we're no longer together. But what keeps me from moving on is thinking the "what if". If I go out and find someone else or start dating other people, the "what if" she did want to just wait a few weeks maybe a couple months. How am I certain that she isn't interested in a relationship with me anymore?
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Feb 23, 2007, 09:16 AM
    You're never certain. Even if she tells you flat out that she doesn't want a relationship, you still don't know for certain. That's just part of life.

Any time you start to get caught up in the what-ifs, turn it around... what if you wait for this girl, and you miss out on somebody better in that time?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To wait or not to wait, *confused* [ 15 Answers ]

Greetings. I hope to get some feedback and advice on the following situation. I met this girl through my room mate's brother over the summer. This girl was his rebound after he's GF left him. As the summer progressed, my room mate's brother got back with his ex after she wanting him back. ...

Should I wait? [ 3 Answers ]

I can't seem to get the right bit of advice. Someone help me out here! For the first 10 months of our relationship, my girlfriend and I spent nearly every second together, with only a handful of little picky fights. Nothing big though. I realize that this was a mistake because we had only been...

Should I wait? [ 9 Answers ]

Well see. There is this girl, Sarah. She beautiful and kind and gorgeous. I recently started to have feelings for her. I mean I've asked her "What would you say if i asked you out" before she did say yes. But that was a whole year ago. She likes this guy named Brad. Who is a real jerk to me but...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

Wait or move on [ 6 Answers ]

Dear experts, This guy and I have been seeing each other for 6 months and as with any relationship, we had a few bits of drama, but never to the point of separation. However, on Friday night, I called him and he was crying because his ex girlfriend had belittled him severely in front of a...

View more questions Search