Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Your period after having sex for the first time, is this normal?
    I'm 18 years old and two weeks ago I had sex for the first time. Since, we have had sex regularly on the weekends. My period is very irregular so I never usually know when it's coming, but I usually get one clue- cramping. Yesterday after I had sex, I started to cramp, and realized that I had my period. The flow is really heavy and different than usual. I didn't expect anything much out of the ordinary because of having sex for the first time a couple weeks ago, and this is my first period after having sex for the first time, so I expected it to be different, but is this NORMAL?? Any help would be greatly apprieciated!!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 03:23 AM
    More than likely it is normal... what are seeing may be, in part, semen mixed with your usual discharge as well so it will appear different. There could also have been a bit of irritation from the sex which can also cause some bleeding. See how it goes... whether or not it starts to become more of what you are used to, and lasts about the same number of days. Being a bit off now and then is not unusual.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period not normal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello well I feel a little silly asking this but I am worried the other morning me and my boyfriend were having sex and it was normal sex not rough and when I went to clean up I noticed blood I figured the sex had made me start early 17 days early by the way at first it was stringy brown and think...

Is it normal? (period) [ 4 Answers ]

I had my period early from the 1st in the morning to the 3rd mid-day *I was supposed to start the 5th* (as usual my only last three days) but two days later (when I was supposed to start) I had spotting and don't know why, I mean if it was the day after I finished I would understand but it was two...

My period was a little late, and my period is not at all normal? [ 2 Answers ]

My period started on January 19th I had unprotected sex at the end of my period. I also had unprotected sex on the 14th day of my menstrual cycle and also a couple of times towards the end. My breast were very sensitive and I had quiet a bit of cramping off and on throughout the beginning of...

Normal Period? [ 2 Answers ]

In the last year, about 4 days before I get my period, I get very sick. At first it started as cold symptoms, now I get an upset stomach and a fever. Is this normal? Or should I go to the Doctor?

Not normal period [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 13 and usually my period lasts for 6 days.I just had my period except it only lasted for 2 or 3 days and most of the blood was brown and there wasn't a constant blood flow. It was like every 8 hours there was more blood or brown stuff. I know this isn't normal... but this was the first time it...

View more questions Search