Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bambam99223 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Not normal period
    I'm 13 and usually my period lasts for 6 days.I just had my period except it only lasted for 2 or 3 days and most of the blood was brown and there wasn't a constant blood flow. It was like every 8 hours there was more blood or brown stuff. I know this isn't normal... but this was the first time it ever happened. Was this actually my period? Or is there something wrong?:confused:
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Jul 2, 2007, 08:27 PM
    If you just started to receive your period then its normal. I heard when you first get your period your cycle takes a while to adjust and be normal.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Irregularity is very common in young girls. Brown blood typically is old blood. I would not be too concerned unless you start having pain. If you are really concerned though, go and see a dr. I am fairly confident it is normal though. Good luck hun
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Jul 2, 2007, 08:32 PM
    ^^ I agree with alkalineangel . It is completely normal to have a heavy period then a light one. Your young so your cycle needs getting used too

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Period not normal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello well I feel a little silly asking this but I am worried the other morning me and my boyfriend were having sex and it was normal sex not rough and when I went to clean up I noticed blood I figured the sex had made me start early 17 days early by the way at first it was stringy brown and think...

Only one normal period after miscarriage in Jan.now 2 weeks late. [ 3 Answers ]

I was 16 weeks pregnant when I had to have an emergency D&C on January 9, 2007. I healed quickly and had a normal period on February 8, 2007. My periods are usually regular and have never really been affected by previous stressful times in my life. My partner and I weren't going to try to get...

I've haven't had a normal period but this has lasted 7 days. [ 4 Answers ]

This week is my expected week for my period but when I supposedly "started" all it was , was heavy dark dark red almost brown discharge and then the next day some regular looking blood but not like my period just a tiny bit and its been going back and forth like that for five days now... is that an...

My period has lasted longer than normal. =/ [ 3 Answers ]

Egh. So my period normally lasts 5-6 days ish. Never longer. I'm 15. About 2 weeks ago I started on birth control. And a few days later, a Sunday, my period started. A week and 3 days have gone by and Im still bleeding! It's not super heavy, just kind of regular. Should I be worried?

Is it normal to not have your period the same every month? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 21 and I've had my period for more then 6 year's (guess). I count it first day of bleeding as first day of period (Day 1) and count until the day I have it next, as day one again. Usually I get my period the 31st day. However it vary's from 28th-31st. Also some month's it come's a week late....

View more questions Search