Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eculley918 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Identity of an etching by Martin entitled "the Birch Trees"
    I just received an etching from a friend.
    It says genuine etching by Martin entitled "The Birch Trees"
    It is number 1 and is from the Paris Etching Society and distributed by Turner.
    Can anyone tell me about this etch, the painter, and the paris etching society.
    Thank you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 10:01 PM
    If you click on the following link of this site, you will find quite a bit of information concerning the Paris Etching Society.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/pa...ad-155531.html

Concerning the artist or maybe original etching or print that you have, I have as of yet been unable to find anything, and it may be near impossible to find information because of the kinds of artists whose works were distributed by the Paris Etching Society.

I will keep trying though and it may be that someone will come along who does have a good answer for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Song entitled"fallin'" [ 5 Answers ]

Who is the original singer of the song with intro"i'm afraid to fly and i don't know why..."?

Print Entitled "The Love Letter" [ 1 Answers ]

Help where do I ask my question if this is the area I have a picture from (in the upper right) 1934 copyright camila lucas (mother) called the Love Letter ( lower left triangle SZL - son) signed by antony ventor or venton (lower left... showing has no "h" in antony I have no idea what I have it...

French Etching " The Yonne Canal,France" - PES? SZL? Roth [ 4 Answers ]

I have a French Etching titled The Yonne Canal, France. Mine is signed in pencil bottom right Francis Roth, does anyone know about this artist? In the bottom left corner is a embossed stamp or blind stamp of a circle and inside the circle are the names LAVALLARD & LUCAS along with a triangle in...

SZL French Etching by Gaston Hoffman "Cats" [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me more about the artist and value of the etching? I believe artist lived in France, late 1800's . :) C.Russell

"Canal de Yonne" original etching by F. Are. Roth [ 2 Answers ]

I have an original etching by F. R. Roth named "Canal de Yonne". This picture has been in my family for over 70 years. I would appreciate any info on this picture or its creator.

View more questions Search