Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlusail Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Print Entitled "The Love Letter"
    Help where do I ask my question if this is the area I have a picture from (in the upper right) 1934 copyright camila lucas (mother) called the Love Letter ( lower left triangle SZL - son) signed by antony ventor or venton (lower left... showing has no "h" in antony

I have no idea what I have it was my grandma's... shape is oval .I love the look with the two women sitting on the grass reading a love letter, tree in the back with white flowers ? And small one on the right or a plain tree, no color on it. The painting itself has very little color with except the red lips and ring and pink cheeks, a tint of yellow, brown and very washed out olive green for grass, I guess if you didn't take a closer look at the picture you would almost think it a black and white picture... it looks like a watercolor. The frame around it is olive green/gold metallic, if it wasn't for this you could not see the colors.

Jennifer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Hi, tlusail!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

Your question would seem to be best suited to the Art topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

What you have sounds like a print from the Paris Etching Society. Sometimes those prints can have considerable monetary value, but usually not. The fact that it is oval might mean that it has been changed from the original shape. If so, then that would lessen the possible monetary value of it. If you already love the look of it, then it already has much intrinsic and sentimental value to you because it was your grandmothers.

Please click on the following link of this site for more information concerning works that were produced by the Paris Etching Society.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/pa...ad-155531.html

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Print wireless without a print server [ 4 Answers ]

Print wireless without a print server how? My name is bob I have desktop running win xp home ed with a printer. I would like to print to my laptop (wireless) how do I print wireless without buying a print server?:(

Found a letter from my wife wanting to make love to another man [ 6 Answers ]

I had found a letter from my wife wanting to make love to another man. I question her about it and she first said it was about me. Which wasn't true. It had details about another man from her work. When she started working there he was all she talk about. So, I ask her if she like him. She...

Commitment letter given & contract of buy is signed, can denial letter make/break? [ 4 Answers ]

My parents "were" in the process of selling their home. The buyers had gotten approved for the loan and signed the contract to close on the house. They put down 1/2 of their down payment as one of two. The second payment would be transferred at closing. The shady buyers decided they...

See his response to my love letter what do I do now [ 1 Answers ]

Baby, I feel what you're telling me I truly do. It's just so difficult For me sometimes. I trust you will be there for me but at the same time I think you're getting the short end of the deal. Life is hard on its Own why complicate it more. I don't doubt our love. I doubt that we can Actual...

Print entitled Vieux logis en Bourgogne [ 2 Answers ]

Signed Print titled"Vieux logis en Bourgogne (France) , signed by Liene Emile Lecourt, also a small circle with the letters S,Z,L , from The Paris EtchingSociety NY USA

View more questions Search