Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweet Virginia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 08:30 AM
    My Cat is sick
    I will be taking my cat to the vet later on. But in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone could provide an idea of what might be wrong with him. He is 11 years old, an indoor cat and hasn't been himself lately. I weighed him last night and he has dropped about 2 pounds (I noticed he felt lighter). I'm not sure of the time-span he has lost this weight but it may have been over a month or so (I noticed he felt a lot lighter last night). Last night he seemed disoriented (jumped off the couch but almost went the wrong way). His eyes look a little funny (not his normal colour and a bit glossy), his breath smells, he hasn't really been eating or drinking and is just not his normal playful self. I haven't been able to determine whether he's been peeing/pooping as I'm pregnant and haven't been changing the litter, but will try to monitor this (I work and have a young son so its hard to watch him for a long period of time). He hasn't had any medical problems in his 11 years except a long time ago he wasn't peeing - his testicle was backed up and the vet sqeezed it and it became fine. Thanks for your thoughts/comments.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Fleas will do that to a cat.
    Could he have had a stroke or something?
    xojennnnnnnnx3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Jul 30, 2008, 11:01 AM
    No I think your cat should be OK but you want to make sure you bath the cat daily
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 11:08 AM
    What is bathing the cat going to do?
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Progunr disagrees: Sorry. Cats do not NEED to be bathed unless there is some type of problem such as fleas or a skin condition.

... and then they need treated for the fleas with flea dip or flea shampoo.
    The cat sounds sick to me.
    I know my kittens when they died from fleas their stomachs had a hollow feel because the fleas do something to their organs to the point they end up shutting down and dying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

Sick dog [ 2 Answers ]

My daushound is about 4 yrs old and today he just started falling over like he couldn't stand up and he counldnt walk to me and his nose is very wet and warm and then he peed on the floor then this lasted about ten min and he has had a odor for months now and nothing I can do will keep him from...

Sick Dog [ 6 Answers ]

My neighbor called me and said that her dog has been feeling bad since yesterday. He is not eating or drinking, is cold to the touch and has blood in his stool. Any suggestions, please?

My dog is sick [ 1 Answers ]

my poor little guy isnt feeling well. his ears are red on the insides and scaly. i asked about that earlier this week and it was sugested that it might be ear mites. so i have done what was sugested to clear them....but now he has a fever and his ears arent any better. his temp reading was 101.7...

Car sick [ 6 Answers ]

My shihtzu gets car sick every time we take him for a ride, even just short 15min trips I thought maybe this would cure itself if we kept at it little rides here and there but it never fails every time he vomits in the car. I was thinking about trying a gravol next time before we go but will this...

View more questions Search