Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phanas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 10:29 AM
    No Cooling, air keeps flowing
    This is my first question and pardon lack of appropriate technical wording. I have Ruud Silhouttee furnase/air-conditioner and I have problem that for lower level in house the air keeps flowing but its not cold, temp of lower level keeps rising in-spite of air flowing (I can feel the air flowing out from duct is not cold). I also noticed that the outside fan for the lower level unit is not running. Unfortunately I do not have user manual as my earlier owner did not keep it, house is 8 years old. I checked that there is no water accumulation below the furnase unit (which I suppose can stop the operation). My guess is some fuse somewhere may have burnt but thought of asking for some advise before I try something stupid. Thanks for your help.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Check the outside fuses in the disconnect and the inside circuit breaker for the problem unit.
    phanas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 04:24 PM
    I am not sure how to check these circuit breaker - I looked at both outside and inside circuit breakers, both were ON position. I flipped then off and on twice. Still outside fan is not running and normal/hot air keeps flowing from vent. Any further suggestions please?

Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 07:03 PM
    If the thermostat is set to cooling and you retripped all the breakers then it is a problem that will probable need ON SITE service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas not flowing from tank [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 16.5 Kohler on a Craftsman tractor. It is not flowing gas all the time to the carburetor. If I let it sit or (Not a good habit) blow into the gas tank the filter will fill up and it might be fine for the rest of the mow or I might need to do it again. I just installed a tune up kit because...

Mobile home cooling unit not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a couple of mobile homes for rental properties. When we hade them inspected they said everything was in working order. When we moved in a tenet the first thing they complained about was that the a/c was not cooling during the day, but at night it was fine. We sent out a...

Not much air flowing from vents [ 3 Answers ]

Outside unit (condenser?) is a Goodman CPLE 30-IC Inside unit (air handler?) is a Goodman A30-10 House is only 960 sq ft. Are these units big enough to cool my house? I have poor air flow out of the vents, and it takes a long time to cool the house. The air is very cold, just not enough...

We have no Hot water flowing from pipes ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi We woke up this morning to find the hot water is not flowing through the pipes in the house, the cold was doing the same, but now seems okay again, there is a very small drip coming through the hot tap after we turn it off for a while. Our system is an imersion tank in the airing cupboard,...

No water flowing in bathtub [ 1 Answers ]

Help! Last week, I had to replace several of the parts of a toilet in one of my bathrooms to fix a leak. The leak is gone, but, we ran into a problem this morning. My wife went to turn on the shower in that same bathroom and no water will come out of the shower or bathtub. The only thing coming...

View more questions Search