Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sigepmike Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 09:06 AM
    No water flowing in bathtub
    Help! Last week, I had to replace several of the parts of a toilet in one of my bathrooms to fix a leak. The leak is gone, but, we ran into a problem this morning. My wife went to turn on the shower in that same bathroom and no water will come out of the shower or bathtub. The only thing coming out is a VERY small but steady stream from the faucet. The shower/tub is a single combination unit, and the house is only 5 years old. Any ideas what could have caused this?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 4, 2006, 09:34 AM
    Hi Mike,

Sounds like you dislodged some crud built up on your pipe walls and when your wife turned on the shower it got sucked up into the shower valve and now is blocking the inlet ports in the cartridge. Turn the water off and open up the faucet. Pull the cartridge and check and clean the inlet ports.
    Before you reassemble turn the water back on for a moment to flush out the supplies. Reassemble and test. Better now? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No pressure to cold water in bathtub [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I had a Moen Faucet connected in my wife's tub about a year ago. It's been working great but the last three weeks or so It seems the cold water pressure is dropping dramatically. Hot water runs fine. This is the only faucet in the house that has this problem. I've already cleaned the aerator...

Bathtub leaking a lot of water [ 1 Answers ]

:D the water in the bath tub leaks too much what should I do to solve this problem

Kitchen Hot Water Stops Flowing [ 3 Answers ]

I can run my kitchen hot water at a low flow, but if the flow is anything more than a low flow, it stops flowing with a "machine gun" sounding rattle in the pipes before it completely stops the flow- it actually sounds like some sort of check valve in the hot water line rapidly opening and closing....

No water in bathtub [ 5 Answers ]

I recently instaled a new water heater and now no water comes out of my bathtub or my shower. What do I need to do to get this fixed.

Water not flowing through shower head [ 2 Answers ]

I have moved into a new flat and my shower is not working. There is a cylinder-shaped part between the two taps that I can move up and down (presumably moving it in one direction is supposed to activate the shower) but the water continues to pour out of the bath taps. What do I need to do to get...

View more questions Search