Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snoopycool24 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Not much air flowing from vents
    Outside unit (condenser?) is a Goodman CPLE 30-IC
    Inside unit (air handler?) is a Goodman A30-10

House is only 960 sq ft. Are these units big enough to cool my house? I have poor air flow out of the vents, and it takes a long time to cool the house. The air is very cold, just not enough coming out (in my opinion). If these Goodman units are big enough to cool this house, then what else could the problem be? I have clean filters. Will having someone come clean out the ducts make a huge difference?

Also, I believe I need a new circuit board due to the blower relay being bad (see post Blower Question).

Thanks for your help in advance.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2007, 08:15 PM
    You say that the filter is clean. Did you just replace it and if so was it very dirty when you did? One reason for having low air flow is the possibility that your evaporator coil is dirty or iced over. Since you have very cold air icing is a very good possibility.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Is this a mobile home? 2.5 ton a/c is to big for a 1000 sq.ft. home unless you live in hades. Mobile home ductwork would explain the lousy airflow.
    snoopycool24 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Not a mobile home (concrete block). We live in Florida (not Hades, but hot still!).

Have cleaned the evaporator coil, but that was last year (it was iced over then and we got no air flow). Does it need to be cleaned every year if you keep up with the filter? I can go look at it again tomorrow to see if it is filthy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing return air vents [ 4 Answers ]

My 50 year old house brings the return air from the four corners of the first floor. The air travels between the joists which are capped (on the bottom) with sheet metal. These two channels are then joined at either end of a large sheet metal run (about 2 ft square) that runs perpendicular to the...

Want warmer air from vents [ 3 Answers ]

I have a furnace in the west end of my basement with an upstairs bedroom in the east end of the house. By the time the warm air gets to the bedroom, it has cooled off. 1. Is there a warmer setting on the furnace? 2. Would it be beneficial to insulate the ductwork in the basement? Any...

No water flowing in bathtub [ 1 Answers ]

Help! Last week, I had to replace several of the parts of a toilet in one of my bathrooms to fix a leak. The leak is gone, but, we ran into a problem this morning. My wife went to turn on the shower in that same bathroom and no water will come out of the shower or bathtub. The only thing coming...

Question about these air admitance vents. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: As some may know I have been working on a gradual project over the last few weeks of upgrading my DWV system. The only thing I replaced last week was the main stack under the toilet to the sewer line. And it is vented using the original iron vent pipe through the wall. Anyway, I have a...

View more questions Search