Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Druth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Removing triplever linkage
    I live in an older home and have taken showers instead of baths. The lever will not move so I was going to replace the linkage, but it is stuck. What do I do?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 04:25 PM
    I had that problem and the solution wasn't easy.

I was able to access the pipe from below and bang the bell carefully upward with appropriate tools. It took a lot of force.

I then got a flexible shaft rotary sander and sanded the inside of the pipe so it would move free.

I then lubercated the bell before installing.

I hope someone has some better ideas.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 04:35 PM
    I hope this will help you with this problem -- Good Luck

http://littleingbox.blogspot.com/200...ub-drains.html

Please rate my answer -- if it helped

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 chevy monte carlo shifter linkage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to reconnect the floor shifter to the transmission, which was connected and worked before. The floor shifter inside will not move the cable underneath the car. I can see where the cable comes through the floor, there's not much cable and I don't see any damage to it. It's connected...

Adjusting bathtub drain linkage [ 2 Answers ]

My problem is that the water continues to run out of the tub when the drain is closed. I have attempted to adjust the linkage, however I can't stop it from running out. I feel I amy not be adjusting it properly. Can you help?

Briggs Linkage Problems [ 1 Answers ]

I've just installed a new Flo-Jet, 11-12 H.P. L-Head carb on an older 11 hp Craftsman tractor. In the process I inadverently knocked the shorter linkage off the throttle control bracket (the other end than the carb end). Is there a handy diagram you know of that clearly shows where the hooked end...

Bath tub triplever drain replacement [ 1 Answers ]

How can I remove an old waste plug from a bathtub triplever kit if the if the metal cross inside the old one is broke and the wrench made for it has nothing to grab onto?

Linkage needs adjusting? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 95 wrangler. I am having trouble engaging first and reverse on a manual. You really have to shake the shifter to get it in gear. It only happens on 1st and R, is this a problem with my linnkage in my shifter.

View more questions Search