Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Howaya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Briggs Linkage Problems
    I've just installed a new Flo-Jet, 11-12 H.P. L-Head carb on an older 11 hp Craftsman tractor. In the process I inadverently knocked the shorter linkage off the throttle control bracket (the other end than the carb end). Is there a handy diagram you know of that clearly shows where the hooked end of the linkage belongs? This would probably be better than a description-only reply. And, while I'm here, is there some trick to getting the linkage ends back onto the carb?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Well to hook up the carb end linkages, do so before attaching the carb to the intake is about as much help as I can be here. I don't know how to send pictures, and most diagrams will not show the exact location to hook up linkage for a carb. The carb diagram will only show the carb and not the linkage rods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat problems or furnace problems [ 22 Answers ]

Is it possible that a thermostat operates correct all the time except when it reaches the temperature that is set doesn't maintain that temperature?:D I noticed that actually that thermostat gives a signal to the furnace but furnace doesn't turn on but that happens only when thermostat needs to...

Briggs&Stratton Pulsa Jet Carb problems [ 9 Answers ]

I'm having trouble starting an older aerator with a B&S 3.5hp horizontal shaft engine with a Pulsa Jet carb. I've changed diaphragm, and carb-to-fuel tank gasket. It can be started and run on starter fluid, but doesn't seem to pump gas into carburetor. What else to look for?

1986 chevy monte carlo shifter linkage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to reconnect the floor shifter to the transmission, which was connected and worked before. The floor shifter inside will not move the cable underneath the car. I can see where the cable comes through the floor, there's not much cable and I don't see any damage to it. It's connected...

Linkage needs adjusting? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 95 wrangler. I am having trouble engaging first and reverse on a manual. You really have to shake the shifter to get it in gear. It only happens on 1st and R, is this a problem with my linnkage in my shifter.

18.5 HP Briggs [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have a Craftsman lawn mower with a 18.5 Briggs single cylinder that will not crank over. Have replaced the starter with a new one and it still does not crank over. Someone suggested checking the values and the valves were a little off so we fixed them. Sometimes it will...

View more questions Search