Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Geebeze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Glow plugs
    Hi I have a 1997 ford power stroke and I am replacing the glow plugs. I have the valve covers off and the electrical contact off and there is a small square plate how does that come off.
    nutthouse Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2008, 10:07 AM
    I think the valve cover gasket holds it down. If you peel up the gasket, it should come off. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you test Glow plugs in a 7.3L ford [ 4 Answers ]

How do you test Glow plugs in a 7.3L ford? It doesn't want to start when it's cold. The wait to start light stays on for a while, so I think the plugs are working, but when it's could I can hear a humming noise coming from the passenger side of the motor. Could there be a falut with a relay, or...

Ford F-250 7.3 Power stroke glow plugs [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: How do I change the glow plugs in my 1999 Ford F-250, 7.3 Power Stoke?

Ford F250 glow plugs [ 2 Answers ]

My 1997 Ford F250 Turbo diesel will not shart in cold weather unless it is plugged in. I was told it needed glow plugs;replacing them is "easy" they said! Well I got them and can't figure out how to change them. Any advice or clues or directions would be appreciated. Thanks, GAye

Changing diesel glow plugs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 f250 super duty truck with a 7.3 diesel engine and I need to change the glow plugs but do not even know how or where they are located

1999 F-350 Glow plugs. [ 2 Answers ]

How long should it take me to change my glow plugs? And is the a good manule to look at?

View more questions Search