Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onegative Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Cast Iron Shower Drain
    Good day,

I am in the process of remodeling a bath room and I am at a point where I am not quite sure what to do... I have a cast iron flange with a cast iron riser and shower pan drain in a sunken slab that I would like to replace but with a small extension on the riser to accommodate the new mud bed to be level with the normal slab height. I have attached a couple pictures and would like advice on how might be the best way to address this situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance.
    Danny

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 07:50 PM
    You are going to need Speedball1 for this and I believe he is off for the night. Maybe he'll catch this Thursday morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cast iron shower drain in concrete floor-replacement [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first post here and I'd appreciate any help you can provide. I have a tiled shower on a concrete slab. The drain is cast iron... sort of a bowl-shaped 3" dia. opening with a lead seal to a 2"-2 1/4" cast iron pipe. In removing the old "Premier" pull-up drain stopper, the brass...

Shower drain connection with cast iron pipe [ 7 Answers ]

We have a cast iron shower drain pipe in a concrete floor. It is a shower on a slab. We are building a shower pan with tiles or pebbles as a finish. We have purchased drain but it is not working - it is for premade shower enclosures. We need some kind of adapter to connect cast iron pipe with PVC...

Replacing Shower Membrane/Cast Iron Drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am replacing my shower membrane pan with a new one. I have purchased a cast iron drain to replace the old cast iron one, however where ever I read about doing a shower pan they say to replace with PVC drain. Is this something that must be done? Or can I replace it with the same type of...

Installing a PVC shower drain to cast iron [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - I was wondering if you could tell me what type of adhesive I would need to attach my PVC drain to the cast iron pipe, below the shower. I have no plumbing experience and am trying to do this myself to save some $. Thanks! :) OJ Bean

Converting cast iron floor drain to shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a bathroom to my basement, which has partial (complete? ) plumbing already roughed into the floor (in 1976). Sewage lift station (vented) is 3 ft from 4" styrofoam plug (toilet), 4 ft from 1 1/2 inch cast male pipe end extending through floor (lav, have already added vertical vent...

View more questions Search