Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J Costa Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 29, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Icemaker not working
    I have a whirlpool side by side refrigerator the ice mker stopped working there was ice froze in there but will not drop I took off the ice maker and got all the ice out it was a solid block I put it back and it gave me water but the same results I have power to my ice maker terminals but no power to my motor. Is it normal for the water level to be that high or will it get stuck and I need to adjust the water level?
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Oct 29, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Was the ice block over the height of the cube forms? If it was not you may have a failed thermostat in the icemaker. Create a jumper wire (piece if insulated wire bare both ends about 3/4") and insert one end into the T and one into the H at the bottom right corner of the front if the icemaker. Leave them there until you hear a click (the dial will turn). When you hear the click remove the jumper and see if the ice dumps and the icemaker fills again. If this happens the thermostat in the icemaker has failed and needs to be replaced if not ask back.

Oct 30, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Thank you will try that

Oct 30, 2007, 04:33 PM
    It wasn't the thermastat It ended up I took the ice maker out and ohmed out the heater and the motor and the motor is bad which is supprising.
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Oct 31, 2007, 04:28 AM
    If the cube mold is not flaking you can replace just the icemaker head assembly. It runs about $60-$70 and is easily replaced by removing the 3 gold screws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Refridg Icemaker not working [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a whirlpool with icemaker and water dispenser in the door. The icemaker stopped working a couple of days ago. It seemed to not be getting an water. The water dispenser works fine. I purchased a repacement and have the same problem. No water getting to the tray. The replacement came with...

Icemaker water leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Admiral refrigerater with ice maker. The problem is when the ice maker calls for water, at the place where the water enters the ice maker there is a leak. This seems to be coming from just behind what looks like a little suction cup with the small water supply line connects to. Can...

Whirlpool icemaker problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a freezer-mounted Whirlpool icemaker(Part #4317943). It was new 4 months ago and, for the past 4 months, has been working normally. Now, what seems to be happening is that it fills normally, but the ice is not being pushed out, Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

View more questions Search