Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bebeaman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Whirlpool Refridg Icemaker not working
    Hi, I have a whirlpool with icemaker and water dispenser in the door. The icemaker stopped working a couple of days ago. It seemed to not be getting an water. The water dispenser works fine. I purchased a repacement and have the same problem. No water getting to the tray. The replacement came with a water valve but it did not have a double for the water dispenser. I hooked it up individually (water and power) and it did not force any water out either. So it seems that the tray is not sending a signal to the pump for water to be sent. What else could be the problem?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2006, 04:01 PM
    You could have water frozen in the fill tube. Chec it out to see if that solves the problem
    Ron-PfTex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bebeaman
    Hi, I have a whirlpool with icemaker and water dispenser in the door. The icemaker stopped working a couple of days ago. It seemed to not be getting an water. the water dispenser works fine. I purchased a repacement and have the same problem. No water getting to the tray. The replacement came with a water valve but it did not have a double for the water dispenser. I hooked it up individually (water and power) and it did not force any water out either. so it seems that the tray is not sending a signal to the pump for water to be sent. What else could be the problem??
    Did you get your Whirlpool icemaker fixed? I am having the same problem. It was not filling up. I shorted out T & H and it started the cycle. It filled with water, froze to ice, but did not push the ice out. What is next?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool dishwasher buttons not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Whirlpool undercounter dishwasher model number DUL300XTKQ that I purchased in July of 2002. About a month ago, the "Normal' wash button stopped working or responding to being pushed. Soon after, the 'pots& pans' stopped as well. Sometimes, I will check and the pots and Pans will...

Whirlpool gas dryer timer not working [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool gas dryer is having a problem where it won't stop drying without manually shutting it off our opening the dryer door. The timer stays at the same place where it started and does not progress. The sensor timer does not work either, stays still. They dryer will literally run for hours...

Whirlpool icemaker problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a freezer-mounted Whirlpool icemaker(Part #4317943). It was new 4 months ago and, for the past 4 months, has been working normally. Now, what seems to be happening is that it fills normally, but the ice is not being pushed out, Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Icemaker won't drop ice [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 3yr old SBS GE Artica Profile. The icemaker in it stopped dropping ice. When we pulled out the drawer, there was an ice mound stopping the lever arm. We defrosted the ice mound with a hair dryer. It has had time to cool down, and it has ice in the plate, but it will not drop to the...

View more questions Search