Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happypill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 01:31 AM
    6 and 1/2 weeks since last period and still negative results
    Hi, it has been 6 weeks since my last period, I have taken several tests and all have turned out Negative, I have bloating in my abdomen and been more tired than usual but other than that no other signs of pregnancy, I wouldn't even think that I was pregnant if it hadn't of happened with my first child, I took seven tests and was nearly three months gone when I finally had a positive test with him, what do you think? And why do some women's Hcg take ages to show up?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Every woman is different, they work different, they respond different to changes etc. That is why there is always a difference in hormones levels and positive pregnancy tests.

As you seem to know, it is possible that your HcG levels are not high enough to register positive on a urine pregnancy test.

I would call your doctor and request a blood pregnancy test.
    happypill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by macksmom
    Every woman is different, they work different, they respond different to changes etc. That is why there is always a difference in hormones levels and positive pregnancy tests.

As you seem to know, it is possible that your HcG levels are not high enough to register positive on a urine pregnancy test.

I would call your doctor and request a blood pregnancy test.

Thanks Michelle, I've made an appointment so I should know soon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed Period;Negative test results;Could I be pregnant or not? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm very irregular,but sometimes it scares me and puts me in a not so good situation... I can honestly say that my husband & I have been trying to get pregnant for a while.I had my period on April 02,2007.I just missed it & I am very curious... Maybe I missed because I am irregular & it's supposed...

Negative test results no period [ 1 Answers ]

I have taken three pregnancy tests all show negative but my period is now ten days late. I do have a slightly abnormal cycle but is always normal for being abnormal,it has been 22 days since ovulation and sex. I am also experiencing a slightly clear discharge fromnipple when pressured is applied....

Very Late Period/Negative Results [ 2 Answers ]

I stopped taking my birth control pills the first week of January 07. I had my normal January period, which started on February 2, 2007. Here it is March 22 and I have not had another period. I have taken several home pregnancy tests that have all come out negative. Only a couple were taken with...

Missed period-dark brown cloating-negative results [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to conceive, have been for the last 4 months. I usually have a 28-30 day cycle, this month 20 days after I started to have a dark brown discharge with small to medium size clots, with little cramping. It continued for 2 days. Should I be concerned? Is this break through bleeding? And...

Late period, negative results [ 2 Answers ]

So the last time I had my period was the end of December.. and I'm now 2 months late, which is VERY irregular for me. I'm usually every 28 days (give or take a day or two). I've been reading a million articles and posts with women who's period is abnormally late and the result most likely is...

View more questions Search