Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    para manu hao Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 12:41 AM
    Missed Period;Negative test results;Could I be pregnant or not?
    I'm very irregular,but sometimes it scares me and puts me in a not so good situation... I can honestly say that my husband & I have been trying to get pregnant for a while.I had my period on April 02,2007.I just missed it & I am very curious... Maybe I missed because I am irregular & it's supposed to be that way.I took a pregnancy test when I first awoke,meaning I used my morning urine.The test came out negative & now I am really confused.Could I be pregnant or not.What's the deal?? Can anyone help me out,it would actually make me feel better!(SYMPTOMS I'VE BEEN GETTING)

1.Body Aches
    2.Headaches
    3.Nauseas
    4.Itchy Breasts
    5.missed period
    6.Mood Swings
    7.Tired
    8.Lazy
    9.Cravings
    10.Always Eating
    11.Feeling lost sometimes
    12.Sweating a :confused: :confused: lot when it's not even hot
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 14, 2007, 02:53 AM
    I don't know if those pregnancy tests are all that accurate and if your periods are irregular, I suggest you gol to your doctor and have a proper test done. The symptoms you mentiion are all part of being pregnant and yet can apply to many ailments.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Since you are irregular, it will be hard for you to know when to test. In your situation, I would suggest a visit with your doctor so they can do an exam to look for other determining factors of pregnancy, or what might be causing your period to be off.Or a blood test.the Qualatative blood tests can be taken at your local hospital, and aren't much expensive then an hpt. They are much more accurate then hpts, BUT they give negative or positive readings, just like the hpt. SO, if your hcg levels still aren't high enough to register, even on the blood test, then you will still get a negative read out, even if you might be pregnant. This is rare though. If enough time has passed, and Docs have enough reason to believe you might be pregnant, but tests are still negative, they MIGHT order a Quantative blood test. This is the most accurate of the tests. It measures the actual number of hcg in your system. If there is enough in your system to cause them to suspect pregnancy, the test will be repeated a few days later, to see if the numbers are doubling as they should be in a healthy pregnancy. However, keep in mind that this test is more expensive, and not always covered by insurance. Doctors prefer to wait on giving this test until there is enough reasonable doubt to make them feel the test is truly needed. Your symptoms are all signs of pregnancy, but (like tickle said) they are all symptoms of pms, coming down with a cold/flu, as well as other things.

May 15, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    I dont know if those pregnancy tests are all that accurate and if your periods are irregular, I suggest you gol to your doctor and have a proper test done. The symptoms you mentiion are all part of being pregnant and yet can apply to many ailments.
    And now I just notice I have a high sense insmell... I have this favorite perfume,but I hate it so much now... but can you stll get pregnant when your irregular on your menstrual cycle??
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 07:54 AM
    You definitely can get pregnant with an irregular cycle. Its usually more difficult, but definitely NOT impossible. You could be pregnant, but the increase in smell isn't nescisarily a sure sign. (I experienced it before when I was trying to get pregnant, and it just turned out I got my period soon after. If you are wanting it badly enough, you can trick your body into anything.)

May 15, 2007, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggage
    you definitely can get pregnant with an irregular cycle. Its usually more difficult, but definitely NOT impossible. you could be pregnant, but the increase in smell isnt nescisarily a sure sign. (I experienced it before when I was trying to get pregnant, and it just turned out I got my period soon after. If you are wanting it badly enough, you can trick your body into anything.)
    What do you mean?? Are there any tricks to getting pregnant with an irregular cycle?? If there is.Please let me know??
    brittany22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2011, 04:45 PM
    My period are irregular and my last period was January and I still haven't seen one and I took a test but it was negative what should I do
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2011, 03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brittany22 View Post
    My period are irregular and my last period was January and I still havent seen one and I took a test but it was negative what should I do

Some women naturally have irregular cycles, which are "regular" for them and it is perfectly fine. This may be the norm for you, but if it is a change from your norm, you can see your doctor. One option that is sometimes suggested to try and help regulate cycles, is to be on birth control pills for a short time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Missed Period/ Negative pregnant. Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm joelle and I'm 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in October and for two months I had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before I started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. But I did get those two periods of normal length...

Missed period/negative pregnant test [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am 25 years old and have an 18 month old daughter. The last date of my last period was January 24-26th. It is March 7th and I still have not started. I took a test on Saturday, which was 4 days ago. It came out negative. I haven't noticed any changes in myself other...

Missed Period/Negative Pregnancy Test [ 4 Answers ]

I am four days late for my period, and today on the fourth day I have a light brown discharge when I use the bathroom and I wipe. My periods are always right on time, I have had no blood. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby, and we do not use protection of any kind. I am 24, I took a...

Missed period-dark brown cloating-negative results [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to conceive, have been for the last 4 months. I usually have a 28-30 day cycle, this month 20 days after I started to have a dark brown discharge with small to medium size clots, with little cramping. It continued for 2 days. Should I be concerned? Is this break through bleeding? And...

View more questions Search