Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbombar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Late period, negative results
    So the last time I had my period was the end of December.. and I'm now 2 months late, which is VERY irregular for me. I'm usually every 28 days (give or take a day or two). I've been reading a million articles and posts with women who's period is abnormally late and the result most likely is hormonal... stress related. I am going through a lot of stress right now, about to graduate college in one month, finding a job... getting married in October! So I can see the stress, but even when I try and calm myself down, nothing. I called my gyno today and scheduled an appointment. They can't see me until march 16, so I'm hoping I'll get my period before then. I've taken 3 hpt's and they have all come back clearly negative. My fiancé and I are a bit stressed, but almost have nothing to worry about since we've always practiced safe sex, and even though I'm trying to stay relaxed, I'm worried. I have absolutely no signs of pregancy (that I'm aware of)... no morning sickeness, no strange cravings, no abnormal bloating or breast enlargement/ tenderness and I'm going to the bathroom regularly. It almost feels like I'm going to get my period at times and then, nothing!

Hoping this will work itself out before the blood test ( not too fond of needles)! Any suggestions or advice would be great! Thanks!
    JadedInsomnia06 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Honestly it's probably just stress. Even though you're trying to calm down, it's still pretty hectic in your life right now, so it's still going to take a toll on you. If three pregnancy tests have come back negative then I would rule that out for sure. It's highly unlikely that you would have three false negatives. Just try to relax a bit and wait it out until your appointment. There really isn't much that you can do at the moment, but from the way you describe your situation I'm sure it is just all that stress. Congrats on graduating and getting married by the way :-)
    jbombar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 05:15 PM
    I've pretty much determined that too... whew! I just need a vacation! Thanks so much, this really helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Showing syptoms but negative test results [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am about 25 yrs old and a mother of one. I have a question for anyone out there who has experience this particual situation. Just to start I am not on any kind of birthcontrol at all. Now I am about 4 days late and I am showing signs of pregnancy i.e... morning sickness, tender breast,...

Late period of 2 weeks but negative result [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I just have a few questions that I want to ask if anyone has got an answer canyou please message back. Well I have a late period of about 2 and a half weeks now. I took a HPT 5 days ago. I am going to take another one Sunday to see what that says as I have a few symptoms of pregnancy...

Late but the test was negative [ 1 Answers ]

My last period was on the 4th of January. I'm usually very regular but I'm about 5 days late. I took 2 home pregnancy tests and they were both negative. I don't have any signs of pregnancy so I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm terribly afraid. I plan on taking another test tomorrow morning....

Late period and a negative test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm debbie, I'm a week late on my period, I've done a test this morning and it's negative, I'm so confused can any body advise me what to do?

Negative Results [ 1 Answers ]

What are the chances that negative results on a home pregnancy test are false? When of course the test is taken a few days after a late period.

View more questions Search