Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coutie88 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 05:26 PM
    Meaningless kiss
    So, my boyfriend and I have been struggling for over a year. A week ago he told me that he didn't know if he could stop talking to me like crap, and I told him that I can't be with someone so angry, so he said "then dont be with me". We broke up and hadn't spoken. I ended up kissing (no tongue or anything) someone one night, during the time we were broken up (which was only a week). Now we are working it out and are back together and I don't know if I should tell him about it. I love him more than anything.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 05:29 PM
    I wouldn't tell him anything. And frankly, I'd be thinking long and hard about wanting to "work it out" with someone who's verbally and emotionally abusive ; physical abuse may not be far behind. After all, if you saw fit to kiss someone else within a week of breaking up, that should be telling you something right there.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 05:29 PM

I am more concerned about him, is he still talking to you like "crap"

Jul 26, 2009, 05:36 PM
    No, he's not. Its more about him just being really impatient and angry all the time. There's never been real name-calling or physical aggression. But, did I do anything wrong? I feel so guilty about it.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 05:37 PM

Why do you feel the need to tell him anything? You two were broken up.

And why get back into what you described as a relationship that's been "struggling"?
    Survivor07 Posts: 380, Reputation: 143

Jul 26, 2009, 05:37 PM

You love him more than anything? Really? Why? It doesn't sound like love at all. You sound young. Just ask yourself those questions. Love isn't talking to each other like crap and then being interested in someone else when things are bad. Try taking a real break from him and enjoying the company of friends and potential new friends and then see how you feel.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 26, 2009, 05:38 PM

He wasn't sure if he could stop belittling you with his abusive speech?

Oh, he sounds like a real winner.

Why are you going back out with him? You "love him more than anything" but he obviously doesn't feel the same way about you, treating you like that.

He came back to you because you tolerate such a loser.

Break up with him, and that kiss is none of his business.

Jul 26, 2009, 05:40 PM
    I was angry and hurt and found comfort in someone else who was treating me nicer. I know it was a mistake, but at the time, it seemed like we were completely over. We broke up and hadn't spoken a word to each other. But now that he wanted to be with me and work it out, I don't know if I should tell him about the time during we were broken up. I feel so terrible about it
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by coutie88 View Post
    Theres never been real name-calling or physical agression. But, did I do anything wrong? I feel so guilty about it.
    Yet. There's never been name-calling or physical aggression yet.

If you stick around, it will come.

That's the way abusers work. They get huffy and yell and scream. Then they come back as soft, gentle creatures and have you convinced that you did something wrong.

It's cyclical.

Then eventually it escalates to physical.

I wouldn't suggest sticking around waiting on it to get to that point. You'd alread had a break. Leave it broken.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 05:45 PM

I wouldn't tell him anything HE told you to leave. You were broke up. If you want to work this out telling him will only be something he will hold against you every time he wants to pick a fight with you.
    If he were to find out tell him that HE told you to leave and you thought you two were through.
    I really think you better proceed with caution with taking him back.
    Survivor07 Posts: 380, Reputation: 143

Jul 26, 2009, 05:51 PM

You know that if you told him, he'd be furious and wrongly so. It's your life. You were no longer together. You were free to do as you pleased. BUT you know if he knew it would be another huge blowup. Is this the person you really love more than anything and want in your life?

Jul 26, 2009, 06:05 PM
    Well guys, I just told him. Ill let you know how this goes.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 26, 2009, 06:06 PM

Hopefully you told him you're breaking up with him!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 06:10 PM

Yeah if he doesn't explode I guess they are making SOME progress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My whole life seems meaningless. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Thank you for this opportunity to ask other members for another way of seeing my difficulties. I feel stuck and very negative. I am almost 60 years old and feel that my life has amounted to nothing. I didn't always feel like this. In fact a few years ago I felt pretty pleased with myself....

Eskimo kiss and forehead kiss [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this question should be in this forum or in relationship Anyway, just out of curiosity, what can frequent eskimo kissing and forehead kissing in a relationship tell about the significant others who initiate it and the relationship itself? I know that just a couple of physical...

In a meaningless marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Just wondering how many woman her are in a unhappy marriage here and have been For a long time.You and your husband don't have the same interest in anything any more Nor do you want to spend time with him.My situation is such that I have to be so careful Of what I say and how I say it and how I...

Depressed 21 why.o. Trapped in college major. Feels meaningless. Thought of suicide [ 8 Answers ]

Basically I got in nyu. Chose business as a major because I was unsure what to do. I'm a junior now and am just as miserable in the business classes as I was freshman year. I did so bad freshman year in business that I could not switch majors. I was trapped. Its sooooo outside my skill set. I have...

View more questions Search