Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SBB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Per Diem claim in form W2
    I have been consulting for the past one year through my employeer on H1B and was not aware of per diem, hence was not receiving any. Work in walnut creek, ca - per diem rate 153 per day. I would like to some how indicate now on my W2 form for 2007 year end taxes that I was eligible for per diem. What should I ask my employeer, to do, so that my 2007 W2 indicates that, and I can get some tax relief.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 09:34 AM
    If your consulting is scheduled for LESS than one year, you MAY be able to claim per diem. You did not provide enough detail for me to make any judgement.

However, if you KNOW that the job will last longer than one year, then per diem expenses DO NOT APPLY.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received my W2c. Which form to fill - form 843 or 1040x? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was deducted social security and medicare taxes by my employer in the year 2006. Now, since I was under student Visa (F1) at the time of employment, I was not supposed to have been taxed the SS and medicare taxes. I have already informed my company, and they have sent me the corrected W2...

Per diem Claim ! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hey all-- I have started working as a contractor recently and I am in OPT now got my h1 approved starting October. I work in seattle (outside my state) so I am eligible to claim per diem. The confusion is how much should I claim. The perdiem claim limit for the county where I am...

Resident alien student, failed to file W8BEN form, how to claim treaty benefit [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I am a student from mainland China. 2006 is my sixth year in US as a PhD student and I lost my non-resident status. I bought some stocks in 2006 and failed to file W8BEN form with the stock trading company. It turns out they withhold 28% of the transaction value. I am using Turbo tax...

Filing a Quit Claim Deed.GIT form? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know which GIT form needs to be filed with a Quit Claim Deed for property in NJ?

Form to file pre diem [ 1 Answers ]

What form do I need to file for per diem

View more questions Search