Ask
    altoniomelik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Form to file pre diem
    What form do I need to file for per diem
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 10:52 AM
    You do not FILE for per diem. You claim per diem as a deduction.

If you are an independent contractor or businessman, it is claimed on Schedule C.

If you are an employee, you use Form 2106 and claim the expenses as a miscellaneous itemized deduction on Schedule A.

If you need my professional tax help, contact me at [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you file more than one w2 form on one nys tax form or do you need additional forms? [ 1 Answers ]

We live in nys and my friend has had 3 different jobs throughout the year. Does he file all w2's on one form or have a form for each?

Which form should I file? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Tax Expert, I am from China. My visa status is H1 from Oct. 1, 2005 and prior to that was F1. I stayed in Minnesota from Jan. 1 to May 30 and in this period I earned some money as a Research Assistant. Then I moved to MA till now. I am married and my spouse is still holding F1 in MN for...

Last date to file Form 843 [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any last date to file Form 843(to claim Social and Medicare taxes that have been withheld while on OPT)? Thanks,

Which Form to file? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been working under an H1-B VISA since Dec. 2003. I am also a student who has paid tuition and tuition fees in 2004. Which form should I be using to file my taxes? I am from Korea and have been getting conflicting responses from several people. Last year my CPA filed my taxes using a 1040...

What form to file ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am an international student. I graduated in last year September 2004. I started working on my opt for a company. I paid fed,state and other taxes from oct 2004 till dec 2004. I need to know what from I have to file for my federal and state tax return. Do I need to file 1040 NR EZ for...

View more questions Search