Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Charitycaryl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 03:02 AM
    Marriage caused debt now I want out
    I am in debt up to my ears because I got into a marriage and was naïve. Now I have a mortgage, two vehicles and loads of debt in my name and he cannot help me pay for anything. Now I want to separate from him but don't know what to do. I can't pay two mortgages if I move out. How can I sell if I don't own the house because I am still paying a mortgage. Can I do that? If I do, he will have no where to live and I want to leave him but not leave with nothing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 05:23 AM
    First why do you want to divorse, just because of the money ?

Have you went to a finicial couselor ? Why can he not help you pay?

But in divorce court, there is a divisionof property and debt, you may end up with the house you have and he will have to move out ? And why do you care if you leave him with nothing if you really want to leave him?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Debt prior to marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a home prior to my marriage- I put my husband's name on the home through a deed - now a piror debt of his has placed a lien on the house - can they legally do this if we wee not married prior to the debt ?

Old debt new marriage [ 4 Answers ]

I have just been delivered court papers in Wisconsin for old credit card debt. I also just got married 1 month ago. If and when the say I owe them money and they make me fill out the form asking for financial info do I have to give them my new husbands info. He has nothing to do with this old debt...

Marriage & Debt [ 6 Answers ]

I'm getting married in 6 months, however I just found out that my future husband has some debt occurring with some investment properties. There could be a possible foreclosure. Could this effect me once were married even if this happened before we got married. Lets just say that I get a house in my...

Debt Settlement and marriage [ 5 Answers ]

I am at a point where I am actively pursuing debt settlement to clear up 5 credit card accounts. I have a reputable company. My question is, I am beginning my life again and looking ot remarry. If I remarry during the process of debt settlement, does that open up any opportunities to access her...

View more questions Search