Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lee1973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 11:44 AM
    Can interest on a loan be added after that person has died
    My wife had a loan secured on the house which was before we were married, my wife was killed in a car crash and it took this company over 3 months to contact me. They have added lots of interest and also a early repayment fee. Is this legal can they add interest to this account
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 12, 2010, 03:59 PM

Sure, if that's what's in their contract.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 12, 2010, 04:24 PM

Loan contracts are simaler all over but not always identical. The interest they may be able to charge but they might not be able to charge the early pay off fees because of the situation. It would be best to consult a realestate lawyer near you for that answer as it does vary.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2010, 08:14 PM

OK, your wife, so you knew of the loan on the house ?

You contacted them and informed them she was dead and who was going to be over the estate?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find out if a person died in my home [ 2 Answers ]

I moved in this home 3 months ago and we have exsperienced 2 little girl ghost but we don't know who they are or there names how do I find out. Who they are. All I have is my address to go on.? Can you help

Father in law died leaving a $46,000.00 home equity loan [ 4 Answers ]

My father in law passed away 7 months ago without a will. His wife predeceased him.He had a 46,000.00 home equity loan. There isn't any money, the only assets are the house,it's contents and a car. There is some small collections including some coins. My brother in law has been paying this loan and...

Life insurance payments plus added interest [ 2 Answers ]

Malva collected $100,000 on her deceased husband's life insurance policy. The policy was purchased by the husband's employer under a group policy. Malva's husband had included $5,000 in gross income from the group term life insurance premiums during the years he worked for the employer. She elected...

Interest only loan [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter bought a condo 1 1/2 years ago with an interest only loan. The value is now $30,000.00 less then when she purchased it. She still owes $150,000. I feel she needs to get out of this loan, but I do not know what would be the best option for her. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search