Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cathilynn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 10:30 AM
    interest only loan
    My daughter bought a condo 1 1/2 years ago with an interest only loan.
    The value is now $30,000.00 less then when she purchased it.
    She still owes $150,000. I feel she needs to get out of this loan, but I do not know what would be the best option for her. Any suggestions?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Is she able to make her mortgage payments on time? Is she planning on staying in the condo for a few years? If so, then it doesn't really matter right now that the value of the house has fallen - at this point it's just a paper loss until she sells.
    cathilynn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 10:58 AM
    She is able to make her payments, but is not living there right now and wants to sell either now or at least within the next couple of years, unless she needs to do something differently to say herself financially.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 1, 2007, 11:00 AM
    The ONLY ways out of the loan is to sell the condo or declare bankruptcy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accrued Interest on Loan [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am reluctantly preparing some basic financial statements for my boss! I have prepared an ETB with one outstanding issue - A large loan was made during the year and interest has been subsequently agreed on it - I therefore need to accrue for the interest but what is the entry required for...

Equity Loan Interest [ 7 Answers ]

How much of a home equity loan can I place on my primary home and still be able to deduct the interest? I paid $382000.00 for it, have a $70000 on now and need to take out Another $110000.00. Its worth $750000.00 Thanks

Treatment of interest on loan [ 1 Answers ]

What is the correct accountring treatment of interest on partnesrs loan,i.e which account is to be debited and the account to be credited .

Student Loan Interest [ 1 Answers ]

I paid student loan interest in 2005 and 2006. Can I claim both years interest on this years tax return?

View more questions Search