Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adamlaw1420 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Jacuzzi leak
    Brand new contractor installed jacuzzi leaks through 1st floor ceiling. Pulled cover to look. When tub is full, the intake pipe from the tub to the pump leaks through a small hose that is fitted into the 90 degree elbow that runs from the intake to the pump. What is this hose and why would it be leaking water? Backflow? Only happens when I lay in the tub. As soon as I get up and the water level goes down, no leak.. .
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 07:59 PM
    Key line for me was "Brand new contractor installed jacuzzi " Call the contractor back and tell him to fix HIS mistake. I would not advise repairing a brand new tub, it should be warrantied and the contractor should warranty his work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pinhole leak on Jacuzzi 250 sandfilter [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Jacuzzi 250 sand filter system for my inground pool (approx 10 years old). Yesterday I noticed a pinhole sized leak coming from the lateral side of the sand filter (about halfway up) spraying a 2 foot long stream of mist. I am pretty sure that this hole is not a result from freeze damage...

Jacuzzi leak repair [ 0 Answers ]

REF: OLDER MODEL JACUZZI WHIRLPOOL BATH Can the suction fitting sub-assembly be backed out from inside the tub to allow a leak repair such as the backup ring replacement? I have a leak which appears to be originating at the suction fitting, which is of course on the back side of the tub with no...

Leak in Jacuzzi Overflow Drain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, we recently bought a new home with a jacuzzi tub. It has a leak in the overflow. The drain/overflow is a rotary style which I haven't seen before. However, I think maybe either the rotary stopper is not installed correctly or there is a problem with a gasket. If you take off the stopper...

Leak in Jacuzzi Tub [ 1 Answers ]

I have a leak in my jacuzzi tub. It leaks when the tub or just the shower is used. The ceiling of the baatrhroom below is open due to the damages. The wall adjoining the bathroom faucet is dry and there is no sign of moisture. There is no problem with the drain according to the plumber. He feels...

Jacuzzi Slow Leak In Drain [ 1 Answers ]

We have a slow leak in our jacuzzi tub. It seems that the drain works partly as the tub takes a long time to be empty, but we can't seem to figure out how to take the drain out, much less fix it! Any advice would be appreciated!

View more questions Search